House Party In Solidarity With Colombia!!! [excuse last subject line!]

  • C.I.S.P.E.S.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
      +++++++++++ A Wonderful House Party! A Great Reason to Gather! +++++++++

      ++++++++++++ An Evening In Solidarity With Colombia +++++++++
      ++++ An Invitation from Frank, Jane & Emily Dorrel ++++++++++
      ++An Invitation from CISPES & filmmakers Gerard Ungerman & Audrey Brophy++

      Please join us in an inspiring evening during which you can meet award-
      winning documentary filmmakers Gerard Ungerman and Audrey Brophy who made
      the powerful film, "Hidden Wars of Desert Storm," narrated by John Hurt.
      GERARD AND AUDREY HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM A MONTH OF FILMING IN COLOMBIA!
      We are now raising funds for their film on Colombia! Hear their report!
      -- Their new film MUST be seen by the American public --

      Saturday, October 13, 2001 -- 7:00 p.m. -- film at 7:30
      Home of the Dorrel Family - 3967 Shedd Terrace
      Culver City --- $5 at the door/no one turned away
      [As you are driving toward the airport on La Cienega, go past Rodeo
      and turn right onto Wright Crest and drive straight ahead to Shedd Terrace]
      =======more info: 310-838-8131====<lacispes@...>======323-852-0721===
      Presentations---film---refreshments---good converation---good friends!
    • C.I.S.P.E.S.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
        "Our Undeclared Wars In Latin America"....the theme of the
        17th Annual Latin America Encuentro
        Saturday, October 6, 2001
        Throop Memorial Church --- Pasadena
        300 South Los Robles
        10:00 a.m. -- 4:00 p.m
        Registration at 9:30 a.m.
        The events of September 11 make it more important than ever than we
        deepen our understanding of the social, economic and political issues of
        Latin America and the world.
        This Encuentro will address the issues of Plan Colombia and the drug
        war in Colombia, Fast Track, FTAA, Cuba, Nicaragua, El Salvador, the border
        issues with Mexico, School of the Americas, Vieques & Puerto Rico, and other
        issues. Peace Coalitions will be tabling!
        Speakers include Blase Bonpane, Helen Sklar, Carlos Escorcia, Don
        White, and speakers from Witness For Peace, La Resistancia, Office of the
        Americas.
        --$15 pre-registration--$20 at the door-info: 714-633-0922/714-567-0188
        Sponsors: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, So. Cal. Unit
        Office of the Americas (OOA)
        Committee In Solidarity With The People of El Salvador (CISPES)
        +++++++++++++++Lunches provided for pre-registrations only!+++++++++++++
        *******We are collecting used eyeglasses for Nicaragua at this event!****