3/20: Two Systems of Justice: How the Immigration System Falls Short

  • borderactions
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      3/20: Two Systems of Justice:  How the Immigration System Falls Short of American Ideals of Justice

      March 19, 2013

      Washington D.C. - Today, the American Immigration Council issued Two Systems of Justice: How the Immigration System Falls Short of American Ideals of Justice. This new report explores how the justice system for immigrants falls far short of the American values of due process and fundamental fairness. In fact, the immigration system lacks nearly all the procedural safeguards we expect in the U.S. criminal justice system.  Given the high stakes involved in immigration cases and the increasing criminalization of immigration law, the report concludes that we must no longer tolerate a system that deprives countless individuals of a fair judicial process.

      To view the report in its entirety, see:
       Check out our info-graphic and click here to share it from our Facebook page.

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      * join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751