Press Release: Activist Demonstrate at the RNC To Law Enforcement(resistRNC.org)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2012

      To Law Enforcement

      Those who come to demonstrate at the RNC do not come to confront you.

      They come to confront:

      · those who give you your orders, our Elected Officials.

      · those who give them their orders, the Power Elite.

      We, police officers and protesters alike, should be standing together to remind our government that they work for us, the people. That it is WE THE PEOPLE who elect them, and we who give them their orders.

      You have been told that we are coming to commit acts of violence and destruction. We are not.

      We utilize peaceful means to promote peaceful ends and to stand up for justice...social, economic and environmental justice.

      You have been told that we are coming to fight the police. We are not.

      You are being abused right along with us. It is the Power Elite we are after. They are screwing over all of us and laugh at us when we fight one another.

      We do not expect you to take our word for it. Hear it from retired Police Captain Ray Lewis on his interview where he can explain it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ndFTALQzlY&feature=youtu.be

      It's time we stood together. We know who the real enemy is, and its neither you or us. So it's pointless to fight one another.

      If you are ordered to assault a non-violent peaceful crowd, we ask you to defy your orders. Stand for justice.

      It is our sincere hope that you allow the demonstrators to do what they come to do, peacefully protest an unjust system. We stand for justice.

      -resistRNC

      Contact: Amos Miers, Organizer

      info@...

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org