4/22-24 Atlanta, GA:National Black Immigration Network (BIN) Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012
      The 3rd National Black Immigration Network (BIN) Conference is taking place April 22 – 24th 2012 in Atlanta Georgia! - REGISTER NOW!

      Hello everyone,

      I wanted to make sure I reached out to each and everyone of you for this upcoming conference in Atlanta, Georgia, the 3rd Annual Black Immigration Network (BIN) Conference. Scholarships are available for anyone interested in attending.

      I have had the honor of serving on the BIN Steering Committee for the past 3 years from its birth and its progression into this national network. Below is more information and please do not hesitate contacting me if you have any questions.

      I can be reached by cell phone: (786) 340-1646 or e-mail: francesca@...

      In Solidarity,

      *** BECOME A BLACK IMMIGRATION NETWORK MEMBER FOR DISCOUNTED CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES & OTHER MEMBER PRIVILEGES ***

      http://blackimmigration.net/members/

      The 3rd National Black Immigration Network (BIN) Conference is taking place April 22 – 24th  2012 in Atlanta Georgia!

      This is an important convening that aims to uplift the voices of African-Americans and black migrants in the struggle for racial justice and immigrant rights.

      BIN is a national network of organizations and individuals in the United States who are building a movement that contributes to the social and economic well-being of U.S.-born Blacks and Black immigrants (including refugees) by organizing in these communities, developing the leadership of Black people, and advocating for policies that benefit Black communities.

      Join us for this 3-day convening where we will engage in dialogue and action.

      Your presence is vital. As members and conference participants we will:

      • Ratify our structure and electing steering committee
      • Decide upon joint national and regional campaigns
      • Participate in skills building workshops to expand our capacity (e.g., connecting voter drives to civil rights and immigrant rights; and effective media and communications strategies)
      • Exchange ideas about organizing and educating through unions, black churches and black civil rights groups
      • Network with a community of like-minded people of African-decent
      • Help network and movement-building allies respond to crisis in the South

      And much more!

      The entire conference agenda will be available soon, but don't wait -- REGISTER TODAY! Space is limited.

      HOTEL RESERVATIONS

      If you're traveling from out of town and would like to reserve a hotel room the Black Immigration Network has a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate with Marriot Residence Inn Downtown Atlanta.

      Located at 134 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA  30303

      Please call 404-522-0950  to reserve your room today.

      www.residenceinnatlanta.com

       *** April 7th is the deadline for the discounted room rate. Reserve A.S.A.P. ***

      Additional questions - please email conference@... or call 602-845-9248.

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      * join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751