Re: [Border01] Background Information re: Consular ID

  • mary wendeln
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2012
      Same holds for Cincinnati and the surrounding area. Police and banks are recognizing the MEX ID. In some instance as stated below one with an ID from any country are less likely to be funneled through S- COMM.
       Mary Wendeln

      Dear all:

      Few days ago, we'd posted info about NY Mexican consulate issuing consular ID, some people asked what's that use for. Hope hopesnopes@... our good ally and friends from Houston, TX, explain in more details:

      "...here in Houston the MX consulate is the only one who will issue ID's and these ID's, because they somehow match up with the so called "Raptor" program here make it so undocumented moms & dads can get in to their kid's school to visit without being escorted by security(which is embarrassing). Also, if a cop pulls you over and you have no drivers license(which you can't get because of being undocumented) they are much less likely to take you in (and funnel you into ICE via S-COMM.) if you have a valid, unexpired ID from ANY country. Our coalition, Houston United/Unido is trying to get some form of county wide ID that would serve the same purpose, because the various Central American consulates have not done what the MX consulate did, and Harris County has deported or detained SO many people for minor infractions or none at all. I'm intertested in learning about other cities/counties who've done the same ID thing...."

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      * join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751