Peace

  • Paul Tifford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2001
      Action NOW! stands with the
      international community as we mourn
      a tragedy of unprecedented depth.
      We are devastated and horrified at the
      insanity and carnage.

      This was a Crime against Humanity,
      not an Act of War. A further crisis awaits us
      if we do not respond with sanity.
      While we deeply mourn the death and injuries
      of loved ones, the Bush administration
      is signalling that it will use this tragedy to
      strengthen and further intensify the
      Pentagon's war drive. Justice should be meted out
      to those responsible for this barbarism,
      but if America should attack anything, it should
      be the conditions of poverty, deprivation
      and racism that breed terrorists. It is the
      only true solution.

      September 11, 2001 should be remembered
      as the start of peace for future
      generations and not the beginning of war.
      Allow history to teach us that.
      The 1986 bombing raids on two Libyan
      cities, the bombing of a Baghdad
      neighborhood in 1993 in response to
      rumors of a planned assassination
      attempt on former President George H. Bush,
      and the air strike on a Sudanese Al
      Shifa pharmaceutical plant that provided
      most of Sudan's medicines,
      mistakenly believed to be a chemical weapons
      factory associated with Osama
      bin Laden, are three cases that should
      remind us of the mistake of hatred
      and vengeful retaliatory strikes. The politics
      of vengeance only fuel more terrorism.

      The tragedy of Septemeber 11, 2001 should
      not deviate America from its moral principles.
      There are several ways we can respond to
      these catastrophic events. First is to extend
      sympathy and compassion to the families and
      friends of those who perished or were injured at
      the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
      Second, we must foster a global movement to
      challenge war, poverty and exploitation.
      Finally and always, we must build a world based
      on the foundation of human rights. This is an
      opportunity to forge a broader international
      coalition--bringing disparate nations together in a
      common determination to fight against all crimes
      against humanity, all violations of the rights of other
      human beings.

      Please join us in contacting our Congressional
      Representatives and Senators and let them know
      that as Americans we want peace. We want a world free of
      hatred and we want a world with freedom and justice for all.
      While the media polls are inciting drum beats of war,
      please let your Congress members know that we
      do not want retaliation which will lead to more blood
      shed and loss of innocent lives. We want a response that is
      just and humane.

      The first website will give contact info for specific
      senators and
      representatives. Just plug in a zip code. Thank you for
      taking action and please forward a copy
      of this to your friends and colleagues.

      http://www.congress.org/

      The following two numbers will connect the caller with their
      representative or senator.

      United States Senate switchboard:
      (202) 224-3121,
      http://www.senate.gov

      United States House of Representatives switchboard:
      (202) 224-3121,
      http://www.house.gov/

      Proposed Messsage to your representative/senator.

      Dear Representative/Senator,

      I am calling to voice my opinion that the U.S. refrain
      from violent acts of retaliation. The unfortunate
      tragedy on Sept. 11 was a crime against
      humanity and not an act of war. I do not support any
      action by the U.S. military that would result in further
      loss of life or suffering of innocent civilians. I want a
      world free of hatred and I want a world with freedom
      and justice for all.

      There are several ways we can respond to these
      catastrophic events. First is to extend sympathy and
      compassion to the families and friends of those who
      perished or were injured at the World Trade Center
      and the Pentagon. Second, we must foster a global
      movement to challenge war, poverty and racism.

      Finally and always, we must build a world based on
      the foundation of human rights. This is an opportunity
      to forge a broader international coalition--bringing
      disparate nations together in a common determination to
      fight against all crimes against humanity, all violations of
      the rights of other human beings.

      Sincerely,
      ---
      Wishing you Health,Happiness,Peace,Love and Bliss,now and
      always
      ---
      http://www.geocities.com/actionnow1/Paul_Tifford_Sites.html
      http://www.geocities.com/actionnow1/Paul_Tifford.Sites2.html