Taco Bell Truth Tour Postponed - Public Statement

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2001
      Taco Bell Truth Tour Postponed - Public Statement
      Date: 9/12/2001 9:42:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time
      From:    coaimmwkr@...

      The following is a joint statement by the Coalition of Immokalee
      Workers and the Student/Farmworker Alliance on the postponement of
      the Truth Tour.  [Tomorrow we plan to issue a statement to the press
      with the CIW, SFA, and the many, many organizations across the
      country who put so much effort into organizing the tour.] Thanks for
      your suppport, and we sincerely hope that all -- friends are family
      -- are safe and well during these difficult days:

      "Out of respect for the thousands of innocent people who lost their
      lives so horribly in the tragic events of September 11, the Coalition
      of Immokalee Workers, the Student/Farmworker Alliance, and our
      friends and colleagues across the country have decided to postpone
      the Taco Bell Truth Tour, originally planned for September 13-30.  We
      will announce the new tour dates at an appropriate time.

      We join the families and friends of the victims in mourning the
      senseless loss of so many beautiful, beloved lives.  Our thoughts and
      prayers are with them in these most difficult times."

      Coalition of Immokalee Workers