POV - The Ballad of Esequiel Hernández | PBS

  • a.beltran@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2011
      The following new articles have been added to Bender's Immigration Bulletin:

      Visit http://www.bibdaily.com to read the details.

      NEW ARTICLES

      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

      Esequiel Hernández Jr. - 14 years later

      Every year on or about May 20th I remind readers:

      "In 1997, U.S. Marines patrolling the Texas-Mexican border as part of the war on drugs shot and killed Esequiel Hernández, Jr.

      Mistaken for a drug runner, the 18 year old was, in fact, a U.S. citizen tending his family's goats with a .22 rifle.

      He became the first American killed by U.S. military forces on native soil since the 1970 Kent State shootings."

      This PBS DVD is a must-view for all who care about our border policies.

      http://www.pbs.org/pov/ballad/

      POV - The Ballad of Esequiel Hernández | PBS

      ###

      ###