INS Raid at Odessa Construction Site 5/17/1 | CBS 7 - Your Eye on West Texas

  • a.beltran@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2011
      INS Raid at Odessa Construction Site 5/17/11

      CBS7 NewsMay 17, 2011

      Ector County - Midland County

      Sheriff Gary Painter tells CBS 7 there were 39 arrests of illegal immigrants at the construction site.

      Several other workers were asked by authorities for their proper documentation, and our source tells us, they were working legally and not detained.

      Ector County - Odessa authorities and INS officials are involved in a situation at an apartment complex on Fraudree Road.

      A construction worker tells us that he showed up on the scene around 8:30 a.m. He said that the Border Patrol, Sheriff's and the OPD were there rounding up employees.

      The witness tells us they were looking for illegal immigrants. He also said he saw several workers in handcuffs.

      Our crew tell us that Homeland Security has arrived and authorities are still working the scene.

      Stay tuned to CBS7 and CBS7.com for more information.

      If you have pictures or video, you can upload them to our street team here at CBS7.com or our facebook page by clicking here.

      Photos provided by our street team!

      http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=25616