Ax: No Prez tougher on border than Obama

  • Steven Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2010
      Axelrod: no prez tougher on border than Obama

      by Josh Gerstein
      Politico.com
      July 11, 2010

      The outcry over illegal immigration in border states notwithstanding,
      President Barack Obama has taken as strict an approach to the issue as any
      other president, White House senior adviser David Axelrod insisted Sunday.

      "No administration has been tougher on enforcement," Axelrod said on "Fox
      News Sunday." "We have more manpower there than ever before- more equipment
      drones, helicopters, airplanes. We're doing this in a smart, more efficient
      way and we're producing better results."

      Host Chris Wallace then said "there were some facts and figures that
      contradict what" Axelrod had said. However, when interviewing Sen. Jon Kyl
      (R-Ariz) moments later on the same show, Wallace took a different tack. "The
      fact is that the Obama White House does have a story to tell...Hasn't this
      president improved border security?" the Fox host said to Kyl.

      "There have been improvements," Kyl conceded. "There have been additional
      people sent to the border. Nobody would deny that. There is a federal
      government effort going on here but it's not enough..The fact that you've
      done more doesn't mean that you've done enough."

      http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/0710/Axelrod_no_prez_tougher_on_border_than_Obama.html?showall