Petition Obama to make a policy directive: “‘We are not taking people into deportati on proceedings anymore unless they’ve been convicted of a felony"

  • A Beltran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2010
      ----- Forwarded Message ----

      Subject: Petition Obama to make a policy directive: “‘We are not taking people into deportation proceedings anymore unless they’ve been convicted of a felony"

      take action -

      Petition Obama/
      Napolitano to make a very clear policy directive:

      “‘We are not taking people into deportation proceedings anymore
      unless they’ve been convicted of a felony"

      Drilling down on 287(g) and Secure Communities

      "Rosenbluth believes that ICE’s own data shows that the 287(g) and Secure Communities programs are not working, that few criminal aliens are being deported. “It’s not a question of what the law is, it’s how it’s interpreted,” he said. President Obama or Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano could say, “‘We are not taking people into deportation proceedings anymore unless they’ve been convicted of a felony,’ and they could do that with the stroke of a pen. And that’s really what it’s going to take – a very clear policy directive.”"

      Carrboro Citizen, June 10, 2010.