Monday, June 14, 2010 MASS PROTEST LA

  • Gina DeBaca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12 11:28 PM

      Mass Protest -- Beginning of Mehserle Trial --
      Justice for Oscar Grant!!
      Date: Monday, June 14, 2010
      Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
      Location: All Out to the Courthouse
      Street: Temple and Broadway
      City/Town: Los Angeles, CA
      View Map

      Description.JUSTICE FOR OSCAR GRANT! WE ARE ALL OSCAR GRANT!

      Oscar Grant was unarmed and lying facedown when he was shot in the back by BART officer Johannes Mehserle. This incident was videotaped by many horrified onlookers who posted the footage to youtube. Because of the public visibility of the case and the ensuing public uproar in Oakland, Grant's family has been able to achieve major victories.

      * Mehserle is the first police officer **ever** in the state of California to be charged with murder.

      This only happened because the community in Oakland rose up and demanded justice for Oscar.

      The system is trying to bury this case-- that is why they moved it from Oakland to Los Angeles.

      If we come out and are public we will maintian the attention the case has recieved and can call for true justice for Oscar Grant!Confirmed Guests.
      this event has 255 confirmed guests See
      .Lisa Rose Blanchette In spirit from  AZizona.

      Michelle Stolzenburg Will be there in spirit!

      Max Clough
      Please be civil. Rioting destroys families. If you would like to say something, just come out peacefully with signs. Do you know how much power the people actually have when they are united? Please, please, please be peaceful. Remember what Martin Luther King said "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do ...that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Please remember we are protesting against violence. I hope you undertsand what I am trying to say. Stay safe everyone

      Chisa
      Bonilla I wish I could be there. I live in NC, but I'm from Okaland and used bart often. Its so sad, but this could have been my son. I am with you in heart and spirt. may justice prevail

      Stephanie J Golden
      I wish I could make it, but I am one of the poor, too. As someone with a disability for over 20 years, my people have been targeted, too, and we are all tired of prejudice and discrimination and violence. Stop the madness once and for all!
      Sincerely,
      Gina DeBaca
      -Mother For Justice-

      "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
      will make violent revolution inevitable."
      John F. Kennedy