Ithaca, NY, Minneapolis, MN Annouced Their May Day 2010 Actions!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      Please donate to Immigrant Solidarity Network! Visit: http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm

      Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service! http://www.ActivistVideo.org

      Ithaca, NY

      Saturday, May 1, 2010
      Time: 2:00pm - 4:30pm

      Our May 1st march will begin 2:00PM @ RPCC, North Campus, Cornell University and follow this schedule,

      2:15, leave RPCC
      2:30, arrive at Central Campus
      2:45: leave Central Campus
      3:00: arrive at Collegetown,
      3:15: leave Collegetown

      3:30: arrive at Commons (Bernie Milton Pavillion)

      3:30 - 4:30: Speakers and music on the commons!

      FightBackNewsLogo

      By Anh Pham

      Minneapolis, MN - On April 2, immigrant rights activists here announced plans for a big march on May 1, International Workers Day. The march will start at 2:00 p.m. in Martin Luther King Park at 41st Street and Nicollet Avenue.

      The march organizers state, “Comprehensive immigration reform is at a make or break point and we are going to be doing everything we can to have the biggest march possible this year in support of legalization for all and equal rights. The politicians in D.C. are talking about immigration reform. Now is the time to say what kind of reform we want: real legalization for all, workers rights and equal rights for all and an end to immigration raids, deportations and discrimination.”

      The march is being organized by the Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action Coalition (MIRAc), Mujeres en Liderazgo, Workers Interfaith Network, La Asemblea de Derechos Civiles, Mujeres Levantando Mujeres, and FMLN-MN. More organizations are endorsing daily, including immigrant groups, labor organizations and other progressive activist groups.

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

      Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

      Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
      visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention

      send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...