3/4: Reform Immigration for America has prioritized 12 Senators in 9 States

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2010

    Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
    or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

    Please donate to Immigrant Solidarity Network! Visit: http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm

    Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service! http://www.ActivistVideo.org

    3/4: Reform Immigration for America has prioritised 12 Senators in 9 States

    The Campaign Reform Immigration for America has prioritized 12 Senators in 9 priority States. These include:

    • New York:  Schumer and Gillibrand
    • Colorado:  Bennet and Udall
    • Ohio:  Voinovich
    • Indiana:  Lugar
    • California:  Boxer
    • Illinois:  Durbin (who is focused on Giannoulias)
    • Nevada:  Reid
    • Washington:  Cantwell and Murray
    • Virginia:  Warner

    In California Senator Boxer will prove crucial in addressing Immigration Reform this year. For the next 19 days we urge all member organizations of the CA Table to focus on our Senator. What we want from the Senator is demonstrated on the asks that we conveyed on our meeting last Thursday with her State Director.

    1.       That she call Senator Schumer and urge him to introduce his principles. 2. Face to face meeting with CA leaders to strategize how to move CIR in 2010 3. Participate in a public activity that generates momentum for CIR in 2010 (her presence on March 21st would count).

    We ask everyone to sign on the letter attached by Thursday March 4th in order to get this to the Senator asap. I will be coordinating this effort so please forward to me relevant information described below.

    If your organization can sign on to this letter, please reply with:

    · The organization’s name, as it should be listed, and city/state

    · Name of contact person

    · Email address for contact person

    We will only be listing the organization and city/state. The letter will be posted later for individual endorsements.

    Alicia Lepe. Organizer

    California Partnership/Center for Community Change

    2533 W. 3rd Street, Suite 101

    Los Angeles, CA 90057

    Phone: 626-224-8189

    Fax (866) 337-7909

    E_Mail: alepe@...

    Web page: california-partnership.org

    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider anywhere within its bounds."

    - Martin Luther King Jr. Letter from a Birmingham Jail

    Chicago: (773)942-2268

    P.O. Box 751
    South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

    (All donations are tax deductible)

    *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
    isn-subscribe@...
    or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

    *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

    **Please join our following listservs:

    Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
    send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
    or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

    New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
    send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
    or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

    US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
    send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

    Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
    or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

    Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
    visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention

    send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...