CONFERENCE CALL: Fri 2pm EST, Direct Action Requires Direct Response from Obama

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      Please donate to Immigrant Solidarity Network! Visit: http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm

      Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service! http://www.ActivistVideo.org

      Join the Conference Call, Friday, 2/5:

      Direct Action Requires Direct Response From Obama - Building Our Movement

      We are marching, hunger-striking, walking, getting arrested and still the Obama administration refuses to put an end to the human rights crisis and stop tearing our families apart.

      A conference call for organizations to publicly unite our campaigns and build the movement to make Obama stop repressive enforcement policies and deportations NOW.

      ***WHEN: Friday, February 5th at 2pm EST***

      Call-in Number: 1-270-400-2000;  Password: 583838

      20,000 of us marched in Maricopa County, AZ, against Sheriff Arpaio

      5 of us fasted for 19 days in Florida

      19 were arrested in acts of civil disobedience to free immigrant rights leader Jean Montrevil in NYC

      A team of our youth leaders are still walking 1,000 miles from Florida to DC

      and over 70 of us are still on hunger strike in the Port Isabelle detention center in Texas.

      Thanks to our advocacy efforts from across the country, Jean Montrevil is now home with his family but he still faces deportation and is subject to the same enforcement regime that is tearing our families apart.

      Hear from Jean (2 weeks out of detention), as well as those who have organized the marches and fasts in Florida, the massive action in Arizona, and the ongoing fast in Texas, on what's next in our escalation to force the Obama administration to change policies now. We are moving hard and fast to pressure Napolitano and DHS to respect the rights of immigrants and people of color, and stop destroying communities and separating families with immigration raids, detention and deportations.

      On Friday, the Detention Watch Network, Families For Freedom, Fast For Our Families, Florida Immigrant Coalition, the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, the New York New Sanctuary Coalition, Puente, Southwest Workers Union, Students Working for Equal Rights, Trail of Dreams, and others will host a conference call to help coordinate campaigns and build the national pressure to demand that DHS and Janet Napolitano halt enforcement, detention and deportation practices that violate human rights and dignity.

      ***WHEN: Friday, February 5th at 2pm EST***

      Call-in Number: 1-270-400-2000; Password:  583838

      Questions? Contact subhash@ floridaimmigrant.org

      Right now to support the Hunger Strike please:
      Call to Action: Call 866-587-3023 (English) to demand that Janet Napolitano carry out the demands of the hunger strikers in Port Isabelle and to avoid violent action by ICE to break the strike.

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

      Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

      Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
      visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention

      send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...