SAVE OUR BARRIOS!! Struggle in San Diego!

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2010
    FYI...

    Ron Gochez
    Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer

    Please circulate as widely as possible.
    --------------------------------
    Stop the Gentrification of Barrio Logan!

    ---OUR BARRIO IS NOT FOR SALE! LET'S PRESERVE OUR CULTURE, HERITAGE,
    AND HISTORY!
    All progressive forces are welcomed to join us in the campaign to save our communities.

    WHAT WE PLAN TO DO:
    1. To work with all honest forces who are on the side of the community.
    2. Organize an Encuentro to listen and discuss how the community feels about the development taking place in their community.
    3. Work on a series of community actions to stop the gentrification and save Barrio Logan.
    4. Unite with other barrios as a means to save all communities that are currently under attack.

    We DEMAND that the voice of our communities be heard!!! We are organizing our own Planning Group!!!

    WHAT: ENCUENTRO/COMMUNITY MEETING
    WHEN: THURSDAY JANUARY 7, 2010 FROM 6:00-8:00PM
    WHERE: DON DIEGO VFW POST 7420 MEETING HALL, 2100 LOGAN AVE. SAN DIEGO
    CA. 92113

    The “save Our Barrios” coalition is endorsed and organized by: Brown Berets de Aztlan, Chicano Park Steering Committee, SDSU MEChA, Raza Rights Coalition, and Union Del Barrio,

    Contact: save_our_barrio@..., (619) 518 3925 or (619) 646 6234

    for more info: see attached flyer

    =