11/30: ActionLA Weekly U.S. Activism News Digest

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      11/30 ActionLA Weekly U.S. Activism News Digest

      * The new information service by National Immigrant Solidarity Network (http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org), Action LA Coalition (http://www.ActionLA.org) and Peace NO War Network (http://www.PeaceNOWar.net)

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      Joining ActionLA e-mail list, send e-mail to: actionla-subscribe@... or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/actionla

      Joining PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to: peacenowar-subscribe@...

      *Donate To US! For Credit Card donations, please visit: http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Video of the Week From http://www.ActivistVideo.org
      Video Sharing Site for the Political Activism!

      http://www.activistvideo.org/views.asp?id=725

      Street interview, a store owner at Mansour district, Bghdad, Iraq, July, 2003

      At Baghdad's wealthy Sunni neighborhood. Part of the Lee Siu Hin's July, 2003 "Report from Baghdad" Series, please visit: http://www.BaghdadReport.net

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      ....and here's my reports - Lee Siu Hin: Journey to My Home 2009--Building Bi-national China-US Solidarity and Understanding

      11/17: Lee Siu Hin: Journey to My Home 2009-Obama Goes to Beijing (Part Six) >> Read More

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Reports now say that President Obama will announce his plan for Afghanistan on Tuesday, Dec. 1 and it is likely that an escalation of troops will be a part of that plan.
      But it is not too late to call the White House TODAY to say NO Escalation! Call 202-456-1111. This is the moment when we can have an impact.
      On Dec 1st and 2nd (if Obama makes the announcement on Tuesday), UFPJ is joining with many other groups around the country to call for people to be out on the streets, at federal buildings or other busy locations with vigils, protests, and marches of the dead to express our dismay and outrage over continuing this war that is having devastating affects on the Afghan people, the troops and for people here at home suffering from the billions of dollars that are not being spent on healthcare, education, housing, jobs and other human needs.
      Click here to post your event and here to find an event in your town or city.

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Peace Activism and Fight Against Injustice:

      11/27: Alert! On Tue 12/1 Obama Will Use West Point to Announce It's Afghan Escalation! >> Read More

      11/26: Open Letter to President Obama: Please Bring Our Troops Home Now! ~ From Cynthia McKinney >> Read More

      11/23-25: National Call In-Day! Act Now: No Escalation in Afghanistan >> Read More

      11/23: U.S. PEACE GROUPS UNITE FOR CALL TO ACTION WHEN THE AFGHAN WAR IS ESCALATED >> Read More

      11/20: Outrage and Occupation at UCLA as UC Regents Pass 32% Fee Hike >> Read More

      11/10: National Day of Protests for Education Rights >> Read More

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Palestine!

      11/26: Eid, ODSG, Palestine in London.. >> Read More

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Immigrant Rights and Civil Liberty:

      **11/28: At This Holiday Season, Please Support Public Petition to Pardon Qing Wu >> Read More

      12/6: Los Angeles, CA: Chinese-American Historical Day Now CA Law
      >> Read
      More

      11/30: Seattle immigrant settles brutality case for $48k against border patrol >> Read More

      11/29: CUBAN 5 - The bird and the prisoner >> Read More

      11/29: Hostility And Racism Runs Rampant In Morocco Against Migrant Blacks >> Read More

      11/27: Immigration reform activists diversifying ranks >> Read More

      11/25: Pro-immigration group America's Voice calls on Lou Dobbs to run for president >> Read More

      11/25: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico: A Bell Tolls for Justice >> Read More

      11/24: Obama's Failure to Close Guantanamo by January Deadline Is Disastrous >> Read More

      11/21: DUI CHECKPOINTS: Carson & Manhattan Beach >> Read More

      11/18: Great News: Settlement in USCIS lawsuit could accelerate citizenship applications >> Read More

      11/16: US unveils 'Guantanamo's evil twin' extended Bagram prison
      >> Read
      More

      11/14: Anti-Immigrant 'Tea Party' Confronted in St. Paul >> Read More

      11/11: ACLU win for Southern California citizenshipapplicants >> Read More

      Action LA Network http://www.ActionLA.org