9/2: Miami-Dade, FL: Fair Immigration Summit

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service! http://www.ActivistVideo.org

      Attention: It's very important that you sign up for breaking text message alerts from the Reform Immigration for America Campaign!

      Text JUSTICE (or JUSTICIA for Spanish) to 69866 today! Thank you!

      You are Cordially Invited to Join Members and Allies of the Florida Immigrant Coalition

      along with the

      Miami-Dade County Community Relations Board,
      City of Miami Community Relations Board
      and Elected Officials

      In collaboration with immigrant advocates and community leaders from: the Miami-Dade Asian American Advisory Board; Black Affairs Advisory Board, Democracia U.S.A; Familios Unidas; Florida Department of Children and Families Refugee Services; Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center (FIAC); Haitian American Grassroots Coalition; Haitian Women of Miami (FANM); Hispanic Affairs Advisory Board; and others.

      FAIR IMMIGRATION SUMMIT
      Wednesday, September 2, 2009, Noon – 4 p.m.
      Stephen P. Clark Government Center, 111 NW 1st St, Second Floor
      Chambers of the Board of County Commissioners

      Goal: To unite our diverse communities around agreed upon priorities for legislative reform that will uphold our common commitment to equal treatment and due process for all immigrants.

      Receive information, hear from experts and express your opinions about immigration reform proposals that:
      ·        Protect U.S. and Immigrant Workers
      ·        Provide for Legalization and Pathways to Citizenship
      ·        Protect Children and Re-Unify Families
      ·        Enhance Safety and Security
      ·        Promote Immigrant Integration
      ·        Protect Fundamental Rights for All

      Now is the time for our community to unite and
      stand together in mutual support!

      FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO RSVP, PLEASE CONTACT THE CRB AT (305) 375-5730.

      Thank you for helping to spread the word.

      Sincerely,

      Your Friends at the Florida Immigrant Coalition

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

      Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

      Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
      visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention

      send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...