Alex's Birthday Party....pls pass on

  • Gina DeBaca
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009

      Title Bar 2
      ALEX'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
      Wednesday August 5th.
      Dear Friends,

      You are cordially invited to join the nationwide celebration of peacemaker Alex Sanchez's 38th birthday this Wednesday, August 5th.

      Since Alex's arrest six weeks ago communities across the country have risen up in support of him and his work.  In a strong showing of solidarity, 15 cities across the nation will be holding vigils celebrating Alex's birthday and honoring his tireless dedication to creating peace in our communities.

      LOS ANGELES BIRTHDAY EVENT

      In Los Angeles, we will hold vigil outside of the jail where he can see us from his window. If we stay quiet enough we can hear him knocking on the glass.  If we are loud enough, he will hear us sing him happy birthday.

      Show up Wednesday and show Alex the support he has shown us for so long now.
      Meeting point Bday
      Los Angeles Birthday Vigil

      Where:
      On Temple.
      Between Alameda & Los AngelesSt.

      When: Wednesday Aug 5th - 6:30 to 8:30

      Why: Because it's his Birthday!!!

      A nationwide movement is beginning.

      The following cities have planned vigils in honor of Alex:

      •  Little Rock, Arkansas
      •  Chicago, Illinois
      •  Columbus, Ohio
      •  New York, New York
      •  Virginia
      •  Maryland
      •  D.C.
      •  Highlander/Tennesse e
      •  Los Angeles
      •  Oakland
      •  Erie, Pennsylvania
      •  Pittsburgh
      •  Providence, Rhode Island
      •  San Francisco
      •  Santa Cruz, CA
      Small Victories...

      After six weeks in detention, Alex's family was finally allowed to visit him just last week.  While this is obviously a great relief to the family, it is as important as ever that we help keep his spirits up.
      Alex Face

      Want to get Alex a birthday gift?

      Make a donation to the two most important issues in life, his family and his organization.

      Give a gift to his family. Reply to this email for more information.

      Give a gift to Homies Unidos. www.homiesunidos. org/donate
      Up Coming Events...

      August 17th
      Alex's bail appeal hearing part 2.
      12:30 p.m. Fletcher Brown Square
      Across from Federal Court House
      Corner of Temple & Main

      Follow us on Twitter...

      Mayor Villaraigosa is.

      Alex Face
      Join Our Mailing List

      FAIR TRIAL FOR ALEX

      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to aperez552003@ yahoo.com by community@wearealex .org.
      wearealex.org | p.o. box 1948 | Los Angeles | CA | 90078