AAJC Immigration Publications & Materials
- National Immigrant Solidarity Network
Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn
Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service! http://www.ActivistVideo.org
Immigration Publications & MaterialsTo order hard copies of any of our publications, please e-mail or call Pang Houa Moua at 202-296-2300, x122.April 30, 2009: Written Testimony of Karen K. Narasaki submitted to U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security Hearing: “Comprehensive Immigration Reform in 2009: Can We Do It and How?”
A Devastating Wait: Family Unity and the Immigration Backlogs: A report by AAJC’s affiliate, the Asian Pacific American Legal Center (APALC) of Los Angeles, Calif., detailing some of the policy arguments for reforming the family immigration system and resolving our family visa backlogs. The report highlights important data about the backlogs, who is impacted by the backlogs, and profiles certain individuals and families who are currently waiting to reunite with their families.
Comprehensive Immigration Reform“Our Nation’s Broken Immigration and Naturalization System” – A chart detailing the complexities of navigating the legal immigration system (Provided by Reason Foundation)Background MaterialsTestimony of Karen K. Narasaki on Asian American Perspective on Comprehensive Immigration Reform (May 2007)The Impact of Asian Immigration to the United States -- Written testimony of Karen K. Narasaki, AAJC's president and executive director, before the Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims Judiciary Committee U.S. Senate (April 4, 2001)
- Reuniting Families Act of 2009 Bill Text
- Reuniting Families Act of 2009 Backgrounder
- Reuniting Families Act of 2009 Section by Section
- Reuniting Families Act Talking Points
- Asian Americans and Family-based Immigration
- Latinos and Family-based Immigration
- Africans and Caribbeans and Family Sponsored Immigration
- Fact Sheet on Family-based Immigration
- Background Materials
- Testimony Before House Immigration Subcommittee on Family-based Immigration (May 2007)
- AAJC Urges Senators to Defend Family Immigration (May 2007)
- AAJC Vote Analysis of Family Amendments to 2007 Senate Bill
Family Immigration Stories Campaign
- The Asian American Justice Center is gathering family immigration stories to prepare for the ongoing debate this nation is having on immigration and immigrant rights. From the halls of Congress to the dining room table of average citizens, immigration reform is on the minds of all Americans. Despite this collective recognition that our immigration system is broken, too little attention has been paid to protect and improve the cornerstone of American immigration policy – family reunification. In fact, there are politicians who wish to dismantle the family immigration system and deny families from being together. Family immigration policy disproportionately affects Asian Americans. In 2005, for example, 51 percent of family preference visas were issued to immigrants from Asian countries. Your stories will help show members of Congress the importance of the family immigration system to Asian Americans and the communities we live and work in. Please take a few moments of your time to submit your story by clicking here.
- Redesigned Naturalization Exam: United States Citizenship and Immigration Services implemented a new naturalization exam on Oct. 1, 2008
- 100 New Naturalization Exam Civics Questions and Answers (Provided by USCIS) – USCIS will implement the new naturalization exam on October 1, 2008
- Comparison of Current and New Civics Questions (Provided by USCIS)
- Reading Vocabulary List for New Naturalization Exam (Provided by USCIS)
- Writing Vocabulary List for New Naturalization Exam (Provided by USCIS)
- Pathway to U.S. Citizenship (Provided by USCIS)
- AAJC Model Comment for Asian American Organizations and Individuals on the Proposed USCIS Fee Increase (March 2007)
Prior Legislation and Background Materials
SAVE Act of 2007
- SAVE Act Summary (Provided by IPC)
- Fact Sheet: Impact of the SAVE Act on APA Communities
- Background Summary: Concerns about the SAVE Act’s Impact on Asian Americans
- AAJC Letter to Members of Congress Opposing the SAVE Act
- AAJC Urges Senate to Pass Fair and Humane Immigration Reform (May 2007)
- White House Proposal for Immigration Reform (March 2007)
- Statements from Panelists on White House Proposal for Immigration Reform
- STRIVE Act (Security Through Regularized Immigration and A Vibrant Economy)
- Recording of AAJC’s March 23, 2007 Immigration Telephonic Briefing on the STRIVE Act
- STRIVE Summary (Provided by Congressional Staff)
- Statement by Karen K. Narasaki: On May 3, 2007, AAJC's president and executive director joined other civil rights advocates and scholars to tackle one of the most contentious issues in the immigration reform debate -- the charge that minority and low-wage workers are adversely affected by immigration.
Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006
- Fact Sheet: English-only Amendments
- Sen. Feinstein's Orange Card Program Amendment
- Talking Points: Burns Amendment
Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005
Finding an Immigration Lawyer - AAJC does not represent individuals or provide legal advice in individual cases. We have developed this list of immigration lawyer referral services in order to assist your search in finding an immigration lawyer=================================================================
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
No Immigrant Bashing! Support Immigrant Rights!
New York: (212)330-8172
Los Angeles: (213)403-0131
Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990
Please consider making a donation to the important work of National Immigrant Solidarity Network
Send check pay to:
National Immigrant Solidarity Network/AFGJ
National Immigrant Solidarity Network
P.O. Box 751
South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751
(All donations are tax deductible)
*to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn
*a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest
**Please join our following listservs:
Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la
New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert
US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
send e-mail to: Border01email@example.com
or visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Border01/
Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights
Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights
Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...