May Day 2009 Report:Hundred Cities Across US with Hundreds of Thousands Peeople!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009

      May Day 2009 National Immigrant Workers Mobilization

      Over Hundred Cities Across The U.S. with Hundreds of Thousands of People March for Justice!

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2009/

      WE ARE ALL HUMANS! NO ONE IS ILLEGAL!

      Photos & Essay Reports from around the World

      Download the PDF formated Report:
      http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2009Report/MayDay2009Report.pdf

      Please Post Your May Day 2009 Video at our ActivistVideo.org

      Based on the news reports from across the world, there’s at least hundred cities and communities across the U.S. had organize their May Day actions to support workers rights and immigrant rights. Globally, there’s at least several hundred cities had organized tens of millions of people for march/protest/community events to celebrate the May Day 2009.

      While the number of people participated in U.S. on May Day had been declined due to weather, economic reason, factional fights in some cities had created major confusion, and corporate America/government continue their campaign to against celebrating the May Day and exploiting H1N1 Influenza A virus (aka swine flu) “crisis” to scare people participating this year—none-the-less, the numbers of people participated at May Day actions across the global still stay very strong, and at some countries even grown bigger due to the working class angry about the current economic crisis.

      We have compiled you a following report from May Day 2009 mobilization across the World. Visit CLICK HERE

      Download the PDF formated Report

      Always reminder: Think Globally, Act Locally; Injustice Never Sleeps, and People’s Struggle Never Ends!

      http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm

      Or send check pay to:

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      About May Day 2009

      We are calling A national day of multi-ethnic unity with youth, labor, peace and justice communities in solidarity with immigrant workers and building new immigrant rights & civil rights movement!

      Wear White T-Shirt, organize local actions to support immigrant worker rights!

      1) No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
      2) No to militarization of the border.
      3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
      4) No to the guest worker program.
      5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.
      6) Yes to a path to legalization without condition for undocumented immigrants NOW.
      7) Yes to speedy family reunification.
      8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
      9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
      10) Yes to the education and LGBTQ immigrant legislation.

      We encourages everyone to actively linking our issues with different struggles: wars in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine & Korea with sweatshops exploitation in Asia as well as in Los Angeles, New York;international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger, child labors and child solider; as well as multinational corporations and economic exploitation with racism and poverty at home—in order we can win the struggle together at this May Day 2009!

      Please send your May Day 2009 reports to: info@...

      Past Report:

      May Day 2008 Report: http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/Documents/MayDay08Reports.pdf

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:

      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit:
      https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      Chicago: (773)942-2268