March 9-11: 6th Annual UFW College Student Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2001
      6th Annual
      College Student Conference
      March 9 - 11, 2001
      at UFW's Keene, CA headquarters

      Dear College Participants:

      ¡Bienvenidos! You are invited to participate in our 6th Annual United Farm
      Workers Student Conference, “Celebrando El Legado de Cesar” on March 9-11,
      2001 in La Paz, UFW headquarters. At the conference, you will meet other
      student activists, attend training workshops on what the UFW is about and
      learn ways in how to organize your school and community on farm worker issues.

      This conference is open to college students only for a fee of $60.00 per
      student (transportation not included). The deadline is February 26. There is
      limited housing available (on a first come, first serve basis) and you need
      to pre-register to be guaranteed housing.

      Now that we’ve reached the year 2001, farm workers are still struggling in
      the fields for better working conditions; La Lucha continua. With all your
      help, we will be celebrating Cesar’s birthday as a state paid holiday for the
      very first time! Si Se Pudo! Only organized can we mobilize our communities
      in order to win justice para los campesinos.

      In La Paz meet volunteers and members who built the union, and where Cesar
      Chavez is laid to rest. You will also find out how you can get involved in La
      Causa and be part of El Movimiento.

      Hope to see you there!

      Sinceramente

      Yolanda Sánchez
      (661) 336-1678

      Alicia Sandoval
      (415) 674-1884
      alicia_s74@...
      sfufw@...

      Go to: http://www.ufw.org/ufw/student.htm
      to sign up to participate and/or to download a copy of the student
      conference brochure.

      For more information on the Farm Worker Movement visit web site at
      http://www.ufw.org and/or subscribe to the Farm Worker Movement list serve
      by sending an e-mail to UFW-subscribe@....