Petition in support of the Child Citizen Protection Act

  • Pamela Hernandez
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2009

      "Tell Your Legislators to Support the Child Citizen Protection Act"
      > http://www.ipetitio ns.com/petition/ familiesforfreed om?e
      >
      > Congressman Jose Serrano (D-NY) introduced the Child Citizen Protection Act
      > (H.R. 182), a limited bill to restore justice to our immigration system by
      > allowing U.S. citizen children to be heard before a parent is taken away.
      > The Child Citizen Protection Act would repeal the harshest provisions of the
      > 1996 laws and allow immigration judges to consider whether deportation is
      > "clearly against the best interests of a US citizen child". It preserves the
      > basic notion of fairness that should define the U.S. justice system. It
      > allows judges to judge, and families to have a day in court.
      >
      > The
      Child Citizen Protection Act is an opportunity for our leaders to show
      > that they truly value families, that the health, safety and well being of
      > our nation’s children are a top priority.
      >
      > I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to
      > add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your
      > time.
      >
      > Thanks!

      Pamela Genghiní Hernández

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.