Racist Anti-Immigrant Discussion Form at Shotgunworld.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009

      Please join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      PLEASE COME!! 4/10-12, 2009 Chicago,IL: NISN National Grassroots Immigrant Strategy Conference http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org/2009Conference/

      Hotline: (773)942-2268

      Racist Anti-Immigrant Discussion Form at Shotgunworld.com

      From: jpdhi@...
      Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:56 AM

      PLEASE HELP

      There is a public forum called Shotgunworld.com that is continually promoting racist, hateful, and dangerous language on it's site.  If you go to the site and scroll down to the forum called "Off Topic" there is a thread called " Operation Wetback".  I have asked the moderators to take it down, and asked the other posters to speak out against it, but to no avail.

      On this forum there have been other anti Mexican immigrant threads started that are just as racist and vile as this one.  Again, I have tried, but I'm only one guy.

      I find it particularly disturbing that a shotgun site would promote violent language and ideas about Mexican immigrants.  It feels very scary and dangerous to me that firearms and violence toward a people are talked about.

      I know you organize a lot of protests on the streets, but how about one on the internet.  I am asking that you send out an email to everyone on your list to protest this site by both emailing the owners of the site, and actually posting responses to these racist remarks on shotgunworld.com.  in the "Off Topic" section of the forums.  The internet is no different than a public park.  If someone is promoting dangerous and hateful ideas and language in a park while also talking about firearms, I feel they must be stopped.

      I would love to log on to the site and see that hundreds of caring but militant protestors have also logged on and told these racists what they think.

      There are almost 50,000 members to this site.  I think a great deal of them need to know they can't promote hatred on a Public website and get away with it.

      Please send out a mass email to everyone on your email list to log onto this site, and demand they stop using hateful, dangerous, disgusting, and violent ideas, and words in a public forum.

      Thank you.

      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! Listserv, go to webpage https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts
      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information/Alert!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Virginia state-wide immigrant organizing e-mail list, send- e-mail to: va-immigrantrights-subscribe@... or visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/va-immigrantrights

      Chicago/Midwest/Great Lake Region Immigrant List, please send e-mail to: chicago-immigrantrights@...
      or visit:
      https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/chicago-immigrantrights

      Immigrant Detention & Deportation Alert!
      visit: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-immigrantdetention

      send e-mail to: isn-immigrantdetention-subscribe@...

      Need a job? Find employment help in your area.