Save the date in LA! Friday Feb. 20th!! 6:00PM

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2009
      Help support the FMLN of El Salvador become ANOTHER leftist government in Latin America!!! Let's do our part from here in LA!!

      Ron Gochez
      Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer
      Union Del Barrio- Los Angeles

      (FLIER is ATTACHED; please download it and distribute widely)

      Union Del Barrio presents…

      A night of solidarity with the FMLN and the people of El Salvador!!!

      Friday, February 20, 2009
      6:00PM

      Centro Cultural Francisco Villa
      2100 Maple Ave. LA, CA 90011
      (21st & Maple. In front of Santee Education Complex)

      This event is a fundraiser to help send a delegation of Union Del Barrio members who will be International Observers in the March 15th Presidential Elections in El Salvador! There will be NO ENTRANCE FEE but donations are welcomed!!

      Union Del Barrio, a Latin American revolutionary organization, has fully supported the FMLN and the Salvadoran people’s struggle for liberation since the 1980's. On March 15, 2009, we will be present in San Salvador when the Frente Farabundo Marti para la Liberacion Nacional wins the presidency for the first time!!

      We will have a speaker from the FMLN who will give us an update about the campaign and will also show videos about the history of the FMLN!

      DVD Documentaries about the following topics will be sold at this event!!!
      1932 Salvadoran/Indigenous Uprising, Farabundo Marti, Schafik Handal, Salvadoran Civil War and of course about the FMLN!!  $5 each or 5 DVD's for $20!!

      Delicious Salvadoran food and drinks will be available so make sure to come hungry! ($5 for food and a drink!)