Sunday in LA! SoCaL Coalition meeting to STOP the ICE RAIDS!!

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2009

      Join us: Southern California Immigration Coalition General Meeting

      What:  So.CA Immigration Coalition meeting

      Who:   ALL honest people and organizations are invited to this meeting!

      When:  Sunday, Feb. 1st, 2009.  11:00AM

      Where:  Centro Cultural Francisco Villa
              2100 Maple Ave. LA, CA 90011
      (Corner of 21st & Maple: in front of Santee Education Complex)

      323-602-3425

      Items to be discussed:

      1. Report-back/Debrief on the Jan. 21st action in front of the Federal Building

      2. Report-back from Jan. 25th meeting at Senor Fish

      3. Strategizing on how to widen the SCIC

      4. Planning for the Feb. 15th action at Disney studios in Burbank!!

      5. Planning for the March 28th march in LA

      6. Planning for the May 1st march in LA

      7. Committee Reports

      Immediate End to the Raids!
      Full Legalization for the undocumented!

      The Southern California Immigration Coalition is unified to bring an end to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's raids of communities and workplaces. We believe in Full Legalization for the undocumented and their right to live in liberty—an unalienable right. People should live free from persecution by enforcement of a broken immigration system. We come together to demand an end to the rai ds that torment our communities from living freely. Children fear that their parents will not come home from work or even the stand ard trip to the grocery. People open their door to police who claim to be looking for a missing person, but in fact are ICE agents. At work people fear an ICE raid because they don't know what will happen to their families. Once in custody, people are detained in facilities that are not intended for long-term use and legal representation is almost impossible for their or their family's budget. We stand with those people who have fallen victim to a broken immigration system and demand an end to ICE raids.

      As a solution, we call for Full Legalization. While trade agreements in North America have allowed for goods and money to flow freely, the policies have restricted the lega l migration of labor and all people in general. Aggressive foreign policies and intervention in countries around the world have caused=2 0patterns of migration—especially in the Western hemisphere. This country has enjoyed many years of economic prosperity on the backs of immigrants: The boom of industries such as the Service industry has been supplied with the labor of immigrant workers. Some of the brightest minds are AB 540 students at colleges and universities who work 40-hour weeks and fight for the passage of the DREAM Act. We realize that the immigrant struggle is a fight for equality and justice.

      Sent to you by:
      Ron Gochez
      Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer
      Union Del Barrio- Los Angeles