Fwd: URGENT: Vote on Immigration Ideas by MIDNIGHT 12/31/08!
Provide relief for families of immigrants
Subject: Fwd: URGENT: Vote on Immigration Ideas by MIDNIGHT 12/31/08!Dear Friends: Earlier today I forwarded to you an urgent message on this issue. Here is a much more clear message that I received directly. I know you're making plans to go out and party tonight, but please take a few minutes to do this. Thanks! Happy New Year! Carlos
From: "NCLR" <policy@...>
Reply-To: "NCLR" <policy@...>
We need your help urgently!
Tonight, December 31, 2008, at midnight, Change.org will be closing first-round voting for their "Top 10 Ideas for America." Ultimately, they will be presenting the final "Top 10 Ideas" to the Obama Administration on Inauguration Day and building a national campaign to advance these ideas in Congress, leveraging Change.org, MySpace, and other partner organizations.
The nativists have, unfortunately, gotten hold of Change.org's campaign. Below, you will find a message that is being circulated by the Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) encouraging their members to vote for their idea: Enforce Our Immigration Laws. Thanks to their efforts, ALIPAC's idea has the second highest number of votes in the immigration category at present, meaning that their proposed enforcement will represent the voice of America to the new Administration. Passing the "Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act" (DREAM Act) is also one of the top three ideas in the immigration category, but we need to ensure that it is accompanied by two other sound ideas; the top three ideas from the first round will be carried over into the second round of voting.
We need supporters to vote and comment before midnight tonight.
We encourage you to vote in support of the following:
Once you are signed into your account, click on the "vote" box next to the idea you would like to vote for. If you do not have an account with Change.org, you can sign up here: http://www.change.org and then access the voting pages.
Remember that first-round voting closes at midnight tonight. Please vote. Then tweak this email as you see fit, and forward it to your networks, family, and friends, or invite them to vote by way of the "email friends" feature on Change.org.
Thank you for your help, and we wish you a happy New Year!
Sent: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:56 pm
Subject: Immediate Online Votes Against Amnesty Needed
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Friends of ALIPAC,
Sorry for the short notice, but we need immediate online votes for the suggestion to the Obama transition team titled, "Enforce Our Immigration Laws"
You will have to create an account to vote, but please proceed to the following link and vote for "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws"
You vote by creating an account, signing in and clicking on the vote totals box to the left of the post title.
After you have registered your vote, you can circulate this poll to others by using this e-mail or the e-mail friends feature.
We are asking you to vote for this post because the suggestions that get the top three vote totals move on to the second round.
Currently, the pro-amnesty people are winning.
You can see the latest scores by selecting "Browse Ideas By Cause" on the right and selecting immigration.
At the time of this email
1. " Pass the DREAM Act Now!" is in first place with 1,648 votes
2. "Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples" is in position 2 with 670 votes
3. "Provide relief for families of immigrants" with 525 votes
4. "Stop the Raids" 446
5. "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws" 384 votes
Please vote for "Enforce Our Existing Immigration Laws" and get as many others to do so quickly as you can.
All allied groups are encouraged to notify their e-mail lists of supporters about this effort.
Activists can further assist by posting comments after voting expressing why Amnesty is a bad idea and enforcement is a good idea.
Thank you for the help.
The ALIPAC Team
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.=============================================================
Top Rated Ideas | Most Recent Ideas
949Equal Immigration Rights for same sex binational couples
- Right now, a gay American whose partner is a foreigner have no way of sponsoring their foreign partner for a green card in order for them to stay together in the united states. Heterosexual couples where one partner is a foreigner can easily apply for a green...
791Provide relief for families of immigrants
- Millions of undocumented immigrants reside in the U.S. Every year thousands of them enter into a family relationship with an American, often through marriage. Contrary to what many believe, when an undocumented immigrant marries a U.S. citizen, the path to legalizat...
320Crack Down On Immigration!
- I am an American Citizen. I was born in California and have never lived anywhere else. In California there are people of other nationalities sneaking onto American Soil to birth Children that have no American parents so that those children are entitled to Health Care...