Fw: UPDATES: YA BASTA! TOD@S CONTRA EL MURO CAMPAIGN

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2008

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Eric Montoya <elpasoactive@...>
      To: elpasoactive@...
      Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:45:36 PM
      Subject: UPDATES: YA BASTA! TOD@S CONTRA EL MURO CAMPAIGN

      UPDATES: YA BASTA! TOD@S CONTRA EL MURO CAMPAIGN

      Amigos y Amigas de lucha,

      Here is the latest information on the campaign.

      1. There will be a FREE show that will help our organizing efforts. The show will feature local musicians and artists and will focus on the issues surrounding the border wall. The logistics are being worked out, and the details will be made available as soon as things are in place. In the mean time, if there are artists or musicians in your circles who are available on the 20th of December and are interested in our work please email me here - elpasoactive@..., or email Javier - soymechista@...

      2. The show is part of a larger organizing effort which includes outreach in our neighborhoods, churches, the affected neighborhoods, and everywhere else where we can find an audience. Local activists have decided to take a stance at Rio Bosque Park, a citizens park, where construction of the border wall will threaten natural wild life in addition to pollute the peoples park. More information about this important upcoming event will be discussed on MONDAYS MEETING. The meeting will be at the Farmworkers center at Oregon and Ninth at 5PM.

      3. Last nights "Ya Basta" meeting resulting in the creation of a task list along with volunteers who will carry out these important tasks that relate to upcoming border wall actions. Please review the task list and add anything that we have missed. Your input is extremely valuable. Everyone has an important role in helping bring about the fall of the wall.

      TASK LIST: tasks to be completed NLT Friday by volunteers. if a person is not able to finish a task in time, please let me know so that we can get others to help finish tasks. the goal is to have these tasks done so that on mondays meeting we can move forward with the campaign

      1. Contact High School students who have been involved in the struggle (and others)
      Javier

      2. Reach out to Students for Reform (UTEP) Eric

      3. Media team - Sean, Daniel, Alan

      4. Door Knocking in neighborhoods near park - Eric, Monica, Blanca, Julia

      5. Phone Roster/Tree - Debbie, Julia

      6. Civil Disobedience workshop coordination - Eric

      7. Contact local civil rights attorneys- Eric

      8. Informational Flyers -Javier, Show Flyers - Julia, Eric

      9. Chamizal Park coordination for show - Javier

      10. Contact/prep press - Judy

      11. Contact El Paso Irrigation Dist. 1 - Bill

      12. Anything else?? Que falta??

      Call or email Javier, Carlos, or myself with any questions, suggestions, or issues.

      Solidarity,

      Eric Murillo
      915.691.9763

      Javier Perez