Please help out Undocumented Students!!! (Spread the word)

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      >>> Please Distribute Widely<<<

      Dear Teachers, students and Community Members,

      The Association
      of Raza Educators believes that all students should have the right to attend college regardless of their citizenship status. Unfortunately, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) does not feel the same way.

      Fact--In 2008, HSF gave more money to Hispanic students than any other organization.

      Fact--HSF refuses to allow undocumented students to apply to their scholarship even though it is lawful for them to do so.

      Over the past two years, the Association of Raza Educators has raised $30,000 in scholarships for undocumented students, but we understand that this is just a small fraction of the financial support that undocumented students really need.
      Please support ARE in our campaign to ensure that all students receive an equal opportunity to attend college.

      Signing the online petition below,  will send a clear message to HSF that it is wrong to discriminate against undocumented students.

      Please sign the online petition below.

      In Solidarity,

      Association of Raza Educators

      razaeducators@...
      www.razaeducators.org

      Ron Gochez
      Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer