Human Rights Activist CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ ARRESTED by BORDER PATROL!

  • Ron Gochez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2008
      URGENT!!!  PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL LISTS/CONTACTS!!

      PLEASE make the effort to make at least ONE call tonight! We are spreading this all over the nation and even all over the world! PLEASE make sure that you call and if it's busy, call again! We will also be calling ALL day tomorrow to let the Border Patrol know that we are ALL aware of this and that we demand that they let our comrade go IMMEDIATELY!

      We will keep you updated when we get more information!

      Ron Gochez
      Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer
      Union del Barrio- Los Angeles!

      At approximately 3pm today (August 5, 2008) Christian Ramirez- National Base Building Coordinator of the American Friends Service Committee was detained by Border Patrol (Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection) at California State Park known as Border Field State Park.

      He is being detained at the Imperial Beach Border Patrol Station without cause and the Border Patrol has refused to answer questions on the reasons for his detention. Border Patrol has refused to allow Human Rights organizations to visit the Human Rights Activist

      WE ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND SOLIDARITY!

      Please call in to the Imperial Beach Border Patrol detention center and read the statement below. Please avoid any further conversation if they challenge you, and keep your conversation short to open the lines for other callers

      If there is no answer or if it is busy keep trying. If a recording picks up please leave a message. Call both numbers if possible.

      Imperial Beach Patrol Agent Villar      619-628-2921
      Imperial Beach Patrol Agent Incharge David Brown     619-778-9028

      Mr. Sector Chief Villar or Brown:

      You have in your custody Mr. Christian Ramirez, National Coordinator of the American Friends Service Committee. We demand his immediate release and that his physical integrity be respected. We recognize his detention as a political detention, and he as a political prisoner. We are holding you responsible for any violation of his rights, as well as any further negative repercussions resulting from his detention.

      (Your name_____________, organization_______________)