Breakfast Fundraiser for Undocumented Studnets

  • mexicanoatucla@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      >>>Please Distribute Widely<<<

      The Association of Raza Educators
      Raza Educators for Critical Consciousness and a Democratic Education

      Dear Community Members,

      The Association of Raza Educators would like to invite you to our next event: Cruzando Fronteras: The Latino Migrant Experience Forum and Breakfast Fundraiser

      Come and enjoy breakfast and connect with others to discuss the issues of AB540 and undocumented students. We will have current High School, College and University undocumented students talking about their experiences.  All the proceeds of this event will go to The Association of Raza Educators Undocumented Student Scholarship Fund that will be given out this year in June 2007.

      What:    Cruzando Fronteras: The Latino Migrant Experience Forum and Breakfast Fundraiser.

      When:   Saturday, May 12 at 10:30 am

      Where:  El Paseo Inn
                     La Placita Olvera
                     11 East Olvera Street
                     Los Angeles, CA 90012

      Cost:    $35 (All proceeds go to scholarships for undocumented Students).

      How:   RSVP to pabloecon@yahoo. com or 323.633.3537

      Citizenship status should not prevent our brightest students from attending college. This year it will cost $6,522 to attend UCLA.  Undocumented students are ineligible for federal financial aid. So please come out and support.

      For more information contact Pablo Mejia at 323.633.3537 or Elizabeth Maldonado at 626.392.7533. If you cannot attend, but would like to make a donation, please make checks payable to:

      Association of Raza  Educators
      P.O. Box  226768
      Los Angeles, CA 90022
                     or visit