4/18 - 4/20: Nati'l Call-In Days Oppose President Bush's Immigrant Plan/STRIVE

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 11:29 PM

      May Day 2007 National Day of Immigrant Rights! http://www.MayDay2007.org

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      4/18 - 4/20: National Call-In Days To Oppose the President Bush's Immigrant Proposal/STRIVE Act

      We are organizing White House and Congressional call-in days (Wednesday, April 18 - Friday, April 20) to express your concern about their proposed immigrant legislative bills to the President Bush and the STRIVE co-sponsors Representatives Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ):

      White House Comment Line: (202)456-1111

      Representatives Luis Gutierrez: (202)225-8203 (Washington D.C.)

      Representatives Jeff Flake: (202)225-2635 (Washington D.C.)

      And tell them about the following statement:

      "We would like express our concern about your recent immigration proposals that require undocumented immigrants to pay large fines, excess background checks, and to leave the country in order to apply legal immigratnt status is unacceptable.

      We also cannot accept the militarization of the U.S-Mexico border and building a new border fence.

      We want to support the immigration bill that includes the following propose by National Immigrant Solidarity Network:

      1) No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
      2) No to militarization of the border.
      3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
      4) No to the guest worker program.
      5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.
      6) Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
      7) Yes to speedy family reunification.
      8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
      9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
      10) Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant legislation.

      Thank you for your time."

      Please send us your call report to: info@...

      Our Responds to the Recent President Bush and Congress's Immigration Proposals

      Lee Siu Hin
      National Coordinator
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      April 11, 2007

      Immigrant issue once again become the hot topic at Washington. Last month, the Congress introduced bi-partisan STRIVE Act (The Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy Act, H.R. 1645), and last week President Bush unveils his new immigration proposal, they both calls for comprehensive immigration reform.

      Bush's proposals, along with Congress's STRIVE Act have many similarities, while they both advocate for "path to the citizenships" includes granting work visas to undocumented immigrants and eventually permanent resident status. But that's a serious flaw--it requires them to return to home and pay hefty fines to become legal U.S. residents, they also need to go though a very tough background check by the government >> Read More

      Related News:

      4/4: The STRIVE Act is a False Promise

      4/12: What’s wrong with the STRIVE immigration bill

      Send check to:

      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, California 90048

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: http://www.ActivistDesign.net
      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts

      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Immigrant Deportation and Detention Alert!
      send e-mail to: isn-deportees-subscribe@...

      See what's free at AOL.com.