7/27-29 Richmond, VA: National Grassroots Immigrant Strategy Conf. Register Now!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 2:24 PM

      May Day 2007 National Day of Immigrant Rights! http://www.MayDay2007.org

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      July 27-29, 2007 National Grassroots Immigrant Strategy Conference
      University of Richmond School of Law, Richmond, VA.

      http://www.2007conference.net

      Tel: (202)595-8990

      Yesterday We Marched, Today We Organized, Tomorrow We'll Achieve Our Dreams and Goals! Together We Build A New National, Broad-Based, Immigrant Rights/Civil Rights Movement!

      Organized by: National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org

      Download Conference Outreach Postcard (8.5" X 5.5")

      Mark your calendar! Please come to attend our 2007 national grassroots immigrant strategy conference at Richmond, VA!

      Our conference will be based on our May Day 2007 call to action:

      1) No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.
      2) No to militarization of the border.
      3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.
      4) No to the guest worker program.
      5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.
      6) Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
      7) Yes to speedy family reunification.
      8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.
      9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.
      10) Yes to the education and LGBT immigrant legislation.

      We envision this as a grassroots activist conference of broad-based, multiethnic organizers from African American, Native American, African immigrant, Asian American, Latino/Latina, Arab-Muslim-North African, progressive labor, interfaith, LGBT, student, anti-war/peace and global justice groups from across the country. To meet face-to-face and discuss how to build a new national, broad-based, immigrant rights/civil rights movement, and to set a 6-9 month national strategy for the 2007-2008.

      During our 3-days conference, we'll have over 30 workshops and plenary, the topics include: Congressional Legislation, Militarization of the Border Immigrant Detention and Deportation, Labor Organizing, Student/Youth Organizing, Education & Outreach, Multi-Ethnic Organizing, Community Support Network and Diverse Tactics to Achieve Goals.

      Please come to join the movement! See you July in Richmond, VA!

      Yesterday We Marched
      Today We Organized
      Tomorrow We'll Achieve Our Dreams and Goals!

      Lee Siu Hin
      National Coordinator
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      Workshops:
      We Welcome You to Propose Workshop! Deadline for submitting proposals: July 1st

      Download the Workshop Proposal Form

      Suggest Workshops

      - Congressional Legislation
      - Militarization of the Border
      - Immigrant Detention and Deportation
      - Labor Organizing
      - Student/Youth Organizing
      - Education & Outreach
      - Multi-Ethnic Organizing
      - Community Support Network
      - Diverse Tactics to Achieve Goals

      Join the Movement!
      Register On-Line!

      Downlaod the Conference Registration Form
      Deadline for Early Bird Registration: July 15th

      Mail the Registration From and the Check Payable to: NISN/AFSC to:
      National Immigrant Solidarity Network - Conference Planning
      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, CA 90048

      Registration Fee: $20.00/$15.00 for low-Income/student. It includes: conference materials, Sat/Sun light lunch and Saturday evening plenary dinner.

      Donations: We are kindly asking you to donate extra money for the conference, all donations are tax deductible, and it'll be use for providing travel scholarships for the low-income and youth/student participants.

      (On-Line Registration: Coming Soon)

      Past Conferences

      July 28-30, 2006 Washington DC National Grassroots Immigrant Strategy Conference
      A Success and Milestone for the Immigrant Rights Movement!

      Yesterday We Marched
      Today We Organized
      Tomorrow We'll Achieve Our Dreams and Goals!

      Organized by: National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      The 3-day (July 28-30, 2006) Washington DC National Grassroots Immigrant Strategy Conference at American University has been without doubt a success and a milestone for the immigrant rights movement. Organized by National Immigrant Solidarity Network, one of the leading coalitions involved in the March 25 Los Angeles "Gran Marcha" and the May 1st "A Day Without Immigrants" General Strike/Boycott, there were approximately 180 people from over 80 organizations across the country in attendance.

      The conference represented diverse groups, including Latin@s, APIs, African Americans, African immigrants, European immigrants, LGBTQ, women, youth/students, interfaith, peace/global justice activists, white allies, labor, immigrant day laborers and community organizers from two dozen states. Community/grassroots immigrant activists from across the country met face-to-face for the first time to discuss how to collectively build a new national, broad-based, immigrant rights/civil rights movement.

      Read the Full Report

      August 27, 2004 New York City NISN Immigrant-Worker Solidarity Day Of Action
      Immigrant Worker Speak Out! Citywide Conference

      http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/speakout.shtml

      Send check to:

      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, California 90048

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: http://www.ActivistDesign.net
      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts

      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Immigrant Deportation and Detention Alert!
      send e-mail to: isn-deportees-subscribe@...

      See what's free at AOL.com.