4/1 Dallas, TX: Mega March Day 2007 Rally for the New American Family

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2007

      May Day 2007 National Day of Immigrant Rights! http://www.MayDay2007.org

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to: isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      4/1 Dallas, TX: Mega March Day 2007 Rally for the New American Family

      For more information please contact Domingo Garcia or Alberto Ruiz (214) 941-8300.

      Dear Friends,

      On behalf of the Dallas Mega March Coalition, you are invited to become a part of an extraordinary community-building event—one that will change lives in the Dallas Ft. Worth area and throughout the nation.

      The event is called Mega March Day 2007 Rally for the New American Family, it will be held April 1, 2007 in front of Dallas City Hall from 2pm to 5pm.

      Our mission: to familiarize, empower, and integrate Latinos and other groups by giving them access to the information and resources necessary for them to become full participants in the U.S. democracy.

      Hundreds of thousands of people attended the "Marchas" throughout the country last year. This year we are organizing a rally with an information fair component to engage and educate the passionate people of this region. Dallas has been at the forefront of the national immigration debate, and has one of the fastest growing populations of New Americans in the U.S.

      Here are some of the activities and opportunities that will be part of our program:

      (List of presenting organizations to be announced)

      • Know Your Rights: ACLU-TX
      • Building Real Community:
      • Becoming a U.S . Citizen:
      • Educating our Future:
      • Community Resources Near You:
      • The Multi-Cultures of Dallas:
      Please visit our website: www.megamarch.com.

      Gracias,

      Alberto Ruiz

      Send check to:

      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, California 90048

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: http://www.ActivistDesign.net
      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts

      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Immigrant Deportation and Detention Alert!
      send e-mail to: isn-deportees-subscribe@...