May Day 2007: Call to Action & 2/26 National Organizing Conference Call

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2007

      May Day 2007

      National Mobilization to Support Immigrant Workers!

      http://www.MayDay2007.org

      http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/calendar/Calendar.php

      Post Your Events!

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      New York: (212)330-8172 Los Angeles: (213)403-0131

      Web: http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org

      http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/MayDay2007/donation.html

      Please Donate!

      Please Endorse Our May Day 2007 Call

      Download the May Day 2007 Outreach Flyers!

      Join Our May Day 2007 Planning List!

      http://lists.riseup.net/www/subrequest/mayday2007

      We are calling

      A national day of multi-ethnic unity with youth, labor, peace and
      justice communities in solidarity with immigrant workers and building
      new immigrant rights & civil rights movement!

      WE ARE ALL HUMANS! NO ONE IS ILLEGAL!

      Please Join Our May Day 2007 National Organizing Conference Call

      Monday, February 26, 2007
      7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern Time (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time)
      Dial-in Number: 1-605-725-3600 (South Dakota) Access Code: 91030

      Points of Unity

      On May Day 2007, National Immigrant Solidarity Network is calling for a multi-ethnic, decentralized, multi-topic and multi-tactic national day of mobilization to support immigrant workers rights.

      Our ten points of unity (based on our Jan 29, 2007 open letter to the Congress):

      1) No to anti-immigrant legislation, and the criminalization of the immigrant communities.

      2) No to militarization of the border.

      3) No to the immigrant detention and deportation.

      4) No to the guest worker program.

      5) No to employer sanction and "no match" letters.

      6) Yes to a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

      7) Yes to speedy family reunification.

      8) Yes to civil rights and humane immigration law.

      9) Yes to labor rights and living wages for all workers.

      10) Yes to the DREAM Act and LGBT immigrant legislation.

      We acknowledges that there'll be multiple call to actions from across the country to organize May Day 2007, and each coalition will present their sets of demands. We should respects each other organizing and encourage and supports everyone's issues:

      1) Multi-ethnic, Decentralized and Multi-topic mobilization: while everyone will pledge to support immigrant workers rights at May Day 2007, local groups can choose to includes any other topics for their mobilizations: civil rights, anti-war, Katrina, labor rights, health care...., etc.

      2) Decentralized Multi-Tactic May Day organizing: We will encourage everyone to organize their actions at May Day, but will let local groups to decide what they want to do at the day: march, boycott, strike, lunch action, vigil, community event, conference or congressional lobby day, etc.

      Understanding the connections between our individual conditions of life and the lives of people everywhere in the word allows us to come together and organize across all borders. WE NEED to link the connections between: wars in Africa, south America, Asia, Iraq, Palestine & Korea with sweatshops in Asia as well as in Los Angeles, New York; international arm sales and WTO, FTAA, NAFTA & CAFTA with AIDS, hunger, child labors and child solider; multinational corporations and economic exploitation with racism and poverty at home--then we can win the struggle.

      Let's all come together, on May Day 2007, to build a new immigrant rights
      and civil rights movements!

      Send check to:

      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, California 90048

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: http://www.ActivistDesign.net
      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert!
      send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts

      send e-mail to: nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights!
      send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Immigrant Deportation and Detention Alert!
      send e-mail to: isn-deportees-subscribe@...