URGENT!! MIGRA RAIDS IN LA!! PRESS CONFERENCE THIS WED in LA!!!

  • mexicanoatucla@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2007
      URGENT!! PLEASE SPREAD THIS TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS!!
      !!!REPOST!!!  !!!REPOST!!!

      Today, February 12th 2007, Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents came onto the MTA Metro public transit system in LA to harrass the passengers about their legal status and they were even snatching people right off of the Metro!! THIS HAS GONE FAR ENOUGH!! We cannot allow these people to terrorize our communities with fear!!

      Union Del Barrio and a large list of allies are calling for a PRESS CONFERENCE this Wednesday at 6pm in front of the Downtown LA Federal Building at 6pm!! Below is all of the informaiton needed!

      If your organization wants to endorse this action, please contact us at UdB323@...

      BRING YOUR BANNERS, SIGNS, FLAGS..etc!!!

      F O R  I M M E D I A T E  R E L E A S E
      Press Conference/Protest

      Groups Protest I.C.E raids on MTA Lines Wednesday and the recent Migrant slayings at the border February 14, 2007

      The Raza Rights Coalition along with many other Latino and African-American community and student organizations will hold a press conference on Wednesday, February 14th, 2007 at the Downtown Federal Building to denounce the numerous attacks on our communities including the massive Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s raids of 2006/2007, the slayings of three undocumented migrants last week at the US/Mexican border and the ICE raids on MTA lines in Los Angeles.

      This Coalition is comprised of the following organizations: the Association of Raza Educators, Comite de Mujeres Patricia Marin, Comite Pro Democracia en Mexico, Coordinadora Estudiantil de La Raza, Danza Cuatemoc, Frente Indigena de Organizaciones Binacionales (FIOB), MEChA de Santee, Puerto Rican Alliance, Raza Graduate Student Association of UCLA, Somos Raza, Union Del Barrio and numerous African-American organizations who are in full solidarity with our movement.

      During the press conference speakers will:
      1)       Call for an IMMEDIATE MORATORIUM on Immigration Raids;
      2)      Denounce the Department of Homeland Security for racially profiling, interrogating and subsequently deporting MTA passengers on February 11, 2007; and
      3)       Publicly call for the formation of a new migrant rights movement in Los Angeles with the first meeting on February 25th at 10:00AM

      Contact: Ron Gochez (323) 450-6113

      What: Groups Denounce ICE Raids, recent border killings and ICE raids on MTA Trains in Los Angeles.

      Where:      Edward R. Roybal Federal Building and Courthouse
                      255 East Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

      When:  Wednesday, February 14, 2007
      Time: 6:00 P.M.