Getting involved in the political process

  • annieofaustin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11 10:10 AM
      Marches, protest, boycotts, even strikes are all good ways to create positive change. Another one is by becoming active in the decision making process by our representatives.

      Phone calls, emails, personal visits when important immigration legislation is on the table.  I hope the following links will make it easier for some who may not know about them to participate.

      Right now, both in US Congress and States there are many important bills being introduced. It is vital we all take part in the process.
      We need to remove the militia from our borders, demand that no wall be built, that human rights are protected for everyone on our soil.

      We the People is a great site for finding out what is going on, but can also have letters hand delivered to representatives for $2.00. This makes a great impact. Also find and create petitions, discussions, polls; send emails and find phone numbers.
      http://www.e-thepeople.org/

      Texas
      http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Home.aspx

      U.S.
      http://thomas.loc.gov/

      A good place for finding new legislation, tracking, and researching. The website is still new and only a few individual states are up.
      U.S. Congress, California, Maryland, Ohio, Texas, Washington
      http://www.billhop.com/

      If any of you are myspacers you may add me as friend, I post bulletins there on many upcoming  legislation as well.
      http://www.myspace.com/texasannie1955