Re: Coalition for Humane and Immigrant Rights of LA (CHIRLA) AB540 Network, California, undocumented students, Dream Act

  • dorindamoreno
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2007
      Date: February 8, 2007 3:40:27 PM PST
      To: "Joaquin Galvan"

      I am working as an organizer from the Coalition for Humane and Immigrant Rights of LA (CHIRLA). My project is to help create a statewide network of undocumented students and allies aka AB540 Network. On Feb.28th campuses across the state (including UC Davis)
      are going to have some type of action on their campus to support and bring awareness to the DREAM Act. We definitely want to send the message that DREAM Act is not separate from the tema of comprehensive immigration reform so broad support ( not only students) would be good.
                I am providing the AB540 Network MIssion Statement that includes the campuses that have AB540 student groups and who are working together to make DREAM Act a reality. Because it is a statewide effort to mobilize undocumented students and their allies, we need to work together with as many people as possible.  It would be helpful sending me any specific contacts (professors, students, etc) especially from the Fresno State, Bakersfield State, CSU San Marcos, UC Santa Barbara, CSU Chico, UC Irvine and San Diego State, that are interested in this issue and willing to mobilize for it. I am developing some type of flyer for the DREAM Campaign to circulate soon so I'll forward it to you soon.
                 I appreciate any help you can provide.
      May you be blessed with good thoughts and good people around you...
      From: "Maria Rodriguez" maria.rodriguez15@...