Minutemen protest New Year baby contest

  • Steven L. Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2007
      Minutemen protest New Year baby contest reversal

      AccessNorthGeorgia.com

      PHOENIX, Az. - The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC) cites the actions of
      Babies "R" Us, a division of toymaker Toys "R" Us, for their "mishandling"
      of their "First Baby" contest - in which Gainesville's first baby of 2007
      was originally declared the grand prize inner.

      MCDC says its an example of "corporate America's malfeasance" and says such
      actions continue to provoke an increase in illegal immigration" throughout
      our nation, and has started a petition drive admonishing Babies "R" Us for
      "supporting lawbreakers."

      Jayden Swain was originally declared the grand prize winner from among four
      babies around the country born at the stroke of midnight New Year's Eve. But
      immigrant advocates soon began protesting when they learned one infant had
      been disqualified because of a contest rule stating that the parents must be
      legal residents of the U.S. Over the weekend, Babies "R" Us declared all
      four babies grand prize winners of a $25,000 savings bond and other prizes.

      The Minutemen Rather says "rather than uphold the rules of their contest or
      support the immigration laws of our country, Babies "R" Us has caved into
      the pressure from the open borders lobby, thereby amplifying the
      pre-existing illegal immigration crisis plaguing our country. "

      "Babies "R" Us and other large corporations, needs to understand that their
      actions serve as encouragement to illegal aliens who trample our laws and
      threaten our public safety" said Chris Simcox, founder and president of the
      Minuteman Civil Defense Corps. "We cannot allow corporate America or our
      government to spurn more illegal immigration, and therefore we believe it is
      important for citizens to sign our petition and let them know how we feel."

      The petition Minuteman petition says, "We the undersigned do hereby request
      that Babies "'R" Us and their parent company Toys "'R" Us abide by the laws
      of this country and take the appropriate actions to ensure that their
      contests and business practices do not encourage an increase in support for
      the actions of illegal aliens, who have already violated the laws of the
      United States. As a legal taxpayer of the United States, I shall not
      purchase products or services from companies that choose to encourage
      individuals who will thwart our laws and threaten my public safety."

      ┬ęCopyright 2006 AccessNorthGa.com

      http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=110554