April 20-22 US-Mexico Border Mobolization, We Need Your Financial Supports!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
      **April 20-22 US-Mexico Border Mobilization, We Need Your Financial Supports!!
      **Border Action Project c/o SEE
      **6709 La Tijera Blvd., LA, CA 90045

      Hi Everybody:

      My name is Lee Siu Hin and I am the organizer from the Border Action
      Coalition. April 20-22 border mobilization in Tijuana-San Diego will be one
      of the historical event in US-Mexico border. This is a first time in history
      at the border such a scale of protest against:

      -militarization of the border
      -Violence against migrants, and
      -NAFTA/WTO/FTAA

      We are scheduling teach-in, rally, cultural event and conference, and
      publishing education materials. So far we had raised $5,000 for the events,
      but we still need approx. $3,000 to cover all expenses.

      We need your support! Sponsor this action by making an Endorsement Pledge of
      $25.00 or more...

      Contributions are tax deducible, the Border Action Project is a project of
      Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs, a 501.c(3) nonprofit corporation.

      Your contribution check can be mailed to:

      Border Action Project c/o SEE
      6709 La Tijera Blvd., LA, CA 90045

      In solidarity!

      Lee Siu Hin
      Stop FTAA/US - Mexico Border Actions Committee
      Mexico-US Border Mass Mobilization
      LIBERATE THE BORDER,
      NO MORE BLOCKADES!
      April 20-22 2001
      Tijuana - San Diego, and beyond...
      Tel:     (626)403-2530
      e-mail: BorderActions@...
      mail:    Border Action Project
                6709 La Tijera Blvd. #326
                Los Angeles, CA¬† 90045

                http://www.stopFTAA.org/sf  (San Francisco)
                http://libertad.ucsd.edu/ftaa/ (San Diego)

      Please Subscribe the Border01 List Group!
      Send e-mail to:
      Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    • chalice
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
        Greetings, Siu Hin and Border Organizers!

        Save the Redwoods/Boycott the Gap Campaign is definitely endorsing the border action. Our affinity group, the Gapatistas, will be joining you at the border. We will be sending AT LEAST $25--hopefully more than twice that!--to help with your incredible, wonderful hosting effort!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

        Cheers and Solidarity!

        Mary Bull
        Save the Redwoods/Boycott the Gap Campaign
        252 Frederick Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
        chalice@... 415-731-7924 http://www.gapsucks.org

        FOR REDWOODS & WORKERS:
        BOYCOTT GAP, BANANA REPUBLIC, & OLD NAVY!!!

        FOR PEOPLE & PLANET: STOP THE FTAA!!! http://www.stopftaa.org