9/11: New Republican Anti-Immigrant Bill Coming Soon! TAKE ACTION!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2006
      9/11: New Republican Anti-Immigrant Bill Coming Soon! TAKE ACTION!

      As you can see, the House Republicans have decided to further politicize their anti-immigrant rhetoric before the November election.

      Please Fax, mail, call Dennis Hastert's office about raise your concern about the so-call "new" Border Security Package, his contact information as follows:

      Washington D.C. Office
      235 Cannon House Office Building
      Washington, DC 20515
      Phone: 202-225-2976
      Fax: 202-225-0697

      Batavia District Office
      27 North River Street
      Batavia, IL 60510
      Phone: 630-406-1114
      Fax: 630-406-1808

      Speaker’s Press Office
      United States House of Representatives Washington, DC 20515
      September 7, 2006

      Speaker Announces New Border Security Package to be Unveiled Next Week

      (Washington, DC) – Speaker of the House J. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) today made the following announcement regarding the House Republican commitment to pass a new legislative package that would help to secure America’s border:

      “Border security is a top priority of House Republicans.  Our border is a sieve. We’re at war, and we must act like it.  Our chairmen who held hearings on border security and the Senate’s amnesty bill did a great job this summer talking to the experts and American citizens about how to solve this problem.   After meeting with the Chairmen today, we agreed that we cannot support the Senate Reid-Kennedy amnesty bill.   This Democrat immigration bill wouldn’t secure the border; it would erase it.”

      “House Republicans believe that Congress has a unique opportunity to strengthen our borders.  I have asked Policy Committee Chairman Adam Putnam to hold a forum next week where our Chairmen will present what they learned from their hearings and concrete steps to secure the border.    We will take many of these recommendations and move quickly to pass border security legislation in the next few weeks.  Congress cannot wait until next year to move on this issue.  The American people expect us to tackle this problem and solve it.”

      Send check to:

      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
      Los Angeles, California 90048

      (All donations are tax deductible)

      *to join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail to:
      isn-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn

      *a monthly ISN monthly Action Alert! listserv, go to webpage http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/isn-digest

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: http://www.ActivistDesign.net

      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      **Please join our following listservs:

      Asian American Labor Activism Alert! Listserv, send-e-mail to: api-la-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/api-la

      NYC Immigrant Alert!: New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas immigrant workers information and alerts, send e-mail to:
      nyc-immigrantalert-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/nyc-immigrantalert

      US-Mexico Border Information: No Militarization of Borders! Support Immigrant Rights! send e-mail to: Border01-subscribe@yahoogroups.com