Join GABNet LA as we March to Defend the People of Palestine & Lebanon! TOMORROW

  • GABRIELA Network Los Angeles
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2006
      JOIN GABRIELA NETWORK LOS ANGELES AS WE MARCH ON...

      Saturday, August 12, 2006
      Meet at 12pm On Olympic & Broadway
      in Downtown Los Angeles

      LOOK FOR THE PURPLE FLAGS
      PLEASE WEAR PURPLE

      FOR MORE INFO: losangeles@...

      GABRIELA Network joins the people of the world in condemning the
      Israeli bombing and invasion of Lebanon and its continued attacks on
      the Palestinian people in the West Bank and Gaza.

      We watch in horror, as the whole world stands still watching the
      hundreds murdered day after day.

      We know that we must create an internationalist women's movement
      that will insist on the end to US sponsored terror, occupation and
      puppet governments in Palestine, Lebanon, Haiti and the Philippines
      (just to name a few).

      While the U.S. is rush-delivering precision guided bombs to Israel,
      and further entrenching U.S. control in the Middle East sometimes
      under the guise of "liberating women", GABRIELA Network stands with
      the women of Lebanon and Palestine, women who have historically
      fought patriarchy to leave the safety of their homes, to fight for
      the National Liberation Movement and the International Women's
      Movement, both of which are always the fight against war &
      imperialism.

      GABRIELA Network - Los Angeles Chapter
      A US-Philippine Women's Solidarity Mass Organization
      PO Box 3032
      Cerritos, CA 90703-3032
      email: losangeles@...
      web: www.gabnet.org

      *** GABRIELA Network is a Philippine-US women's solidarity
      organization since 1989. GABNet provides the means by which
      Filipinas in the US can empower themselves, functions as training
      ground for women's leadership, and articulates the women's point of
      view. GABNet effects change through organizing, educating,
      fundraising, networking, and advocacy.

      GABRIELA stands for...
      General
      Assembly
      Binding women for
      Reform,
      Integrity,
      Equality,
      Leadership and
      Action

      It also commemorates Gabriela Silang, known as one of the first and
      fiercest women generals in the Philippines who led the longest
      series of successful revolts against 18th Century Spanish
      colonizers.

      GABNet-US is an all-volunteer organization of women with chapters in
      Chicago, Irvine, Los Angeles, New Jersey/New York, Portland, San
      Diego, San Francisco/Bay Area, Seattle and Washington D.C. ***