Minutemen planning huge demo against day laborers in Laguna Beach tommorrow

  • Duane Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2006
      I'm posting this brief message to let people know that
      the Minutemen are planning to hold a huge
      demonstration against the day laborer center in Laguna
      Beach tommorrow.

      They're upset that the Laguna Beach City Council
      supports keeping the day laborer center open and wants
      to buy the land where it currently is located from the
      California Department of Tranportation.

      A counterdemonstration against the Minutemen is being
      organized. People opposed to racism and
      immigrant-bashing might want to think about going to
      Laguna Beach tommorrow to defend the day laborers.

      Sincerely,

      Duane J. Roberts
      duaneroberts92804@...

      From the "Save Our State" website.

      http://www.saveourstate.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14141&pid=129084&st=0&#entry129084

      Please join fellow activists OUTRAGED by the City
      Council of Laguna Beach's decision to lease the land
      for the day laborers' use from Caltrans. *See Eileen
      Garcia's report at the end of this email.

      Immigration reform activists - Minutemen, SOS, CCIR
      will stage across the street from Laguna Beach in
      protest of the Laguna Beach City Sanctioned Day
      Laborer Site.

      SIGN SUGGESTIONS:

      SHAME ON LAGUNA BEACH
      LAGUNA BEACH HARBORS ILLEGAL ALIENS