Minuteman video shows abuse, illegal arrest of protester at Hollywood demo

  • Duane Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006
      Brook Young, a supporter of the Minuteman Project and
      the owner of the website, Immigrationwatchdog.com, has
      recently posted online a video containing images of
      what appears to be an illegal arrest that took place
      at an anti-Minuteman protest in Hollywood, California
      on Saturday, July 8, 2006.

      The footage in question basically shows a young
      Mexican male and a Caucasian female being pushed,
      shoved, and then struck hard with batons by several
      Los Angeles police officers for no apparent reason.
      Although the female is eventually released, the male
      is shown being handcuffed and taken away.

      Check out the following link to see the video in its
      entirety:

      http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=1480

      The footage of the aforementioned incident can be seen
      between 0:53 and 2:19 minutes respectively.

      Although I am not a lawyer, I'm of the opinion that
      the force the police used to handle this "situation"
      was completely unneccessary and that the arrest they
      made is probably illegal.

      Sincerely,

      Duane J. Roberts
      duaneroberts92804@...

      P.S. If anybody knows how to pull this footage off the
      "YouTube" website, please do so immediately before
      it's removed from the site. I suggest they send a DVD
      copy of it to the Los Angeles Chapter of the National
      Lawyer's Guild. Information about how to contact them
      can be found at the following link:

      http://www.nlg-la.org/

      http://mail.yahoo.com