5/13: Day 4 on Immigrant Rights Hunger Strike

    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 10:23 PM
      Day 4-Hunger Strike
      **Washington DC Trip: CALL FOR AN IMMEDIATE MORATORIUM ON ALL RAIDS, DEPORTATIONS AND SEPARATIONS
      March 13, 2006

      From: La Familia Latina Unida and Centro Sin Fronteras and Chicago IFCO 26

      Contact:     English Roberto L√≥pez (773) 671-1727
      Spanish call Elvira Arellano (773) 577-6388

      Day 4
      MOTHER' S ON HUNGER STRIKE
      Elvira Arellano (La Familia Latina Unida)
      Flor Crisostomo (IFCO Worker)

      Prayer Vigil
      Saturday, May 13th
      5pm-7pm
      Plaza Tenochtitlan
      18th Street, Loomis and Blue Island Ave.

      THEY ARE ASKING THE COMMUNITY TO CALL PRESIDENT BUSH AND ASK HIM TO CALL AN IMMEDIATE MORATORIUM ON ALL RAIDS, DEPORTATIONS AND SEPARATIONS OF FAMILIES UNTIL CONGRESS FIXES ITS BROKEN IMMIGRATION LAWS

      Hunger Strikers Elvira Arellano, President of La Familia Latina Unida, and Flor Crisostomo IFCO Systems worker arrested and put in deportation during nationwide raids on April 19th.  These 2 mothers are demanding that President Bush call a moratorium on "raids, deportations and separations of families" until the Senate and the Congress come to a resolution of this nation's broken immigration laws.

      3rd and 4th Join Hunger Strike
      Victor Arroyo -20yr old College Student, Teacher and Aztec Dancer
      "As a US Citizen I want a change for my people and for my community,
      Stop the deportations of families, discrimination and Raids."  "It's about time for legalization, It's time for action."
      Roxana - 27yr community reident also joins the hunger strike.
      Name and bio will be available at Plaza Tenochtitlan)

      During the hunger strike, La Familia Latina Unida has asked members of
      the community to join each night in evening prayers with Elvira from 5 P.M. until 7 P.M. in the PLAZA TENOCHTITLAN at the corner of 18th Street, Blue Island and Loomis St. Special Note: On May 15th, 16th and 17th we will hold the prayer vigil in Washington DC.

      WASHINGTON DC Trip-Hunger Strikers and supporters leave to Lobby for a moratorium and legalization with Illinois Elected Officials Monday, May 15th at 4:30-5:00pm at 2300 S. Blue Island and return on Thursday morning.

      mail: info@...

      and mail to:
      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104