1/18 San Francisco, CA: Immigrant organizing meeting against federal proposal

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2006

      1/18: Immigrant organizing meeting against federal proposal

      WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2006

      12:00 TO 2:00

      CENTRO DEL PUEBLO

      474 VALENCIA ST. (AT 16TH ST .)

      2ND FLOOR AUDITORIUM

      SAN FRANCISCO

      Dear friends and allies of the SF Day Laborer Program,

      On December 16th, the US House of Representatives passed the "Border

      Protection, Anti-Terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act," one of the

      most egregious, anti-immigrant bills in our history. Introduced by James

      Sensenbrenner (R-WI), this bill would automatically make undocumented

      immigrants "criminals," require day laborer centers to verify workers'

      immigration status, and criminalize US citizens and legal residents who have

      routine contact with undocumented immigrants. IT IS SO ABSURD!!

      The SF Day Laborer Program has been working with many groups, locally and

      nationally, to defeat this immoral law. For example, on March 4, we will

      join day laborer communities all over the country to participate in a

      cross-country journey which will bring attention to the day laborer

      struggle.

      Please join us at the next meeting of the Bay Area Immigrant Rights

      Coalition (BAIRC) to participate in a regional, strategy session. Immigrant

      rights advocates will provide an overview of the proposed legislation, and

      together, we will develop a Bay Area response to this dangerous measure.

      WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2006

      12:00 TO 2:00

      CENTRO DEL PUEBLO

      474 VALENCIA ST. (AT 16TH ST .)

      2ND FLOOR AUDITORIUM

      SAN FRANCISCO

      Bring your lunch, drinks will be provided.

      For more information, please call Renee Saucedo, (415) 553-3404.

      mail: info@...

      and mail to:
      ActionLA / The Peace Center
      8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104