01/07/2006 - All out...stop the Minutmensos...attack on day laborers...

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7 10:35 AM
      Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:59:53 -0000
         From: "chicahua_x" <chicahua@...>
      Subject: ALL OUT!  Saturday AM  Stop Minutemen  Attacks on Day Laborers

      ALL OUT!   Minutemen Plan Southland Attack on Day Laborers: Santa
      Monica,
      El Cajon, Lake Forest, Rancho Cucamonga, Laguna Beach, Glendale

      SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, 7:30 A.M.

      Anti-minutemen counterprotestors needed at all locations.

      In a massive response to racist persecution of migrants, racial
      profiling and worker oppression, counterprotestoring groups and
      individuals will be rallying to oppose Minutemen protests at all six
      of their planned southern California locations this Saturday, January
      7.

      Since an earlier announcement, the Minuteman have added Santa Monica
      (with a Japanese National TV crew) and El Cajon to their list of
      attack sites.  Minutemen groups and their supporters in Southern
      California are protesting at day labor centers as part of their
      nationwide protest to "stop the invasion."  They have notified local
      media of their plans.
      The National Day Labor Organizing Network explains, "Minutemen are
      quite literally terrorizing day laborers and our communities.  The
      people they label `invaders' are the very people building our homes,
      serving our food, and feeding our kids.  They are our neighbors.
      Wherever militia and paramilitary actions target jornaleros, we will
      defend day laborers with peaceful, non-violent resistance."

      All good people who support the right of workers to work and who
      oppose targeting people based on their ethnicity are asked to join one
      of the counter protests below. Contact will be maintained among
      counterprotestors at all locations, so we can move quickly if
      necessary.  Get there early, and brings cameras, signs, noisemakers,
      and an attitude for justice!

          Location: SANTA MONICA BOURGET BROTHERS HARDWARE
          1636 11th Street between Olympic and Colorado.  I-10 to exit 1B
      (CA1S/Lincoln Blvd).  Lincoln N to Colorado (0.2 mi.), right on 11th
      (0.1 mi).
          Time: 9:00-11:00 a.m.
          Note: Parking is a problem  Free parking at Memorial Park, 14th
      Street between Olympic and Colorado, but the Minutemen are meeting in
      that lot at 8:00 a.m.

          Location: EL CAJON HOME DEPOT
          965 Arnele Ave, El Cajon.  I-8 (2.5 mi)  to CA 125S (2.6 mi.) to
      CA 94. Exit (8.7 mi) on left of CA 94 to F St. Right on 9th Ave. (0.4
      mi).
          Time: 7:00-9:30 a.m.

          Location: RANCHO CUCAMONGA ARROW AND GROVE MARKET
          8118 Arrow Route. I-10 to Vineyard N, left on Vineyard (1.7 mi.),
      left on Arrow Rte. (0.5 mi.)
          Time: 7:30- 9:30 a.m.

          Location: LAGUNA BEACH DAY LABOR CENTER
          1765 Laguna Canyon Rd.  I-5 to CA 133S (9 mi., becomes Laguna
      Canyon Rd.)
          Time: 8:00-11:00 a.m.

          Location: LAKE FOREST GANAHL LUMBER
          El Toro and Jeronimo Roads.  I-5 to El Toro Rd., left on El Toro
      to Jeronimo (1.4 mi)
          Time: 8:00-11:00 a.m.

          Location: GLENDALE HOME DEPOT
          5040 San Fernando Rd.  I-5 to Colorado East, turn right on San
      Fernando Rd. (0.5 mi)
          Time: 8:00-11:00 a.m.

      Remember that jaywalking, littering, and bullhorns can get you busted,
      depending on locale--and that Minutemen sometimes claim to carry
      tasers and pepper spray.