1/7 Southern CA: Shut Down Minuteklan National Day of Action Against Immigrants

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006
      SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA STAND UP FOR DAY LABORERS, STOP THE MINUTEMEN!
      SATURDAY, JANUARY 7, AT 7:30 A.M.

      In a massive response to racist persecution of
      migrants, racial profiling and worker oppression,
      counter protestors will be rallying to oppose Minutemen
      protests at four Southern California day labor
      locations California on Saturday morning, January 7 at
      7:30 a.m.

      Minutemen groups and their supporters in Southern
      California will be protesting at day labor centers on
      that day as part of their nationwide protest to "stop
      the invasion."  They have notified the media of their
      plans.

      All good people who support the right of workers to
      work and who oppose targeting people based on their
      ethnicity are asked to join one of the counter
      protests below.  Get there early, and brings signs,
      noisemakers, and an attitude for justice!

      Location: RANCHO CUCAMONGA ARROW AND GROVE MARKET
      8118 Arrow Route.  I-10 to Vineyard N, left on
      Vineyard (1.7 mi.), left on Arrow Rte. (0.5 mi.) Time:
      7:30- 9:30 a.m.

      Location: LAGUNA BEACH DAY LABOR CENTER
      1765 Laguna Canyon Rd.  I-5 to Ca 133S (9 mi., becomes
      Laguna Canyon Rd.)  Time:  8:00-11:00 a.m.

      Location: LAKE FOREST GANAHL LUMBER
      El Toro and Jeronimo Roads.  I-5 to El Toro Rd., left
      on El Toro to Jeronimo (1.4 mi).  Time: 8:00-11:00
      a.m.

      Location: GLENDALE HOME DEPOT
      5040 San Fernando Rd.  I-5 to Colorado East, turn
      right on San Fernando Rd.  (0.5 mi) Time: 8:00-11:00 a.m.

      Remember that jaywalking, littering, and bullhorns can
      get you busted, depending on locale--and that Minutemen
      sometimes claim to carry tasers and pepper spray.

      Please Visit Our Minutemen Watch

      mail: info@...

      and mail to:
      ActionLA / The Peace Center