10/7: Introducing Our New Coordinator At Immigrant Solidarity Network

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2005
      Introducing Our New Intern At National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      October 7, 2005

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network

      We are proud to announce our new coordinator at National Immigrant Solidarity Network.

      Her name is Ka Yan Cheung, she is from New York City and currently study at Smith College, Northampton, MA.

      Ka Yan will be coordinating our Asian-American Immigrant Workers project, as well as immigrant women activism issues. Her favorite activism quotations:

      "I don't believe the accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings. Gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at."  - Maya Angelou

      "Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." - Arundhati Roy

      She is a remarkable hard working person, we are happy that she join our team. I hope everyone can support her work.

      If you have any questions you can directly contact her:

      Ka Yan Cheung
      Smith College box 7945
      Northampton, MA 01064
      cell: 646 321 5413