5/4/2005 - Minutemen Projects' White supremacist ties.....

  • Al Soto
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2005
      Media Matters for America
      >http://mediamatters.org/items/200505040001
      >Christian Science Monitor failed to note Minuteman Project volunteer's
      >white supremacist ties
      >
      >In a May 2 article chronicling the Minuteman Project's efforts to
      patrol a
      >portion of the U.S.-Mexico border, The Christian Science Monitor
      described
      >Minuteman volunteer Joe McCutchen as "a retired pilot" who donated his
      time
      >and money to man a lookout post on the Arizona/Mexico border eight
      hours a
      >day for two weeks. But the article's portrayal of a man dedicated to
      the
      >Minuteman "vigil" -- spending "14 days in a folding chair, buffeted by
      wind
      >storms, face-cutting sand, freezing cold, and scorching sun" -- failed
      >include information that seems relevant to his motivation: his
      connection
      >to two white supremacist organizations.
      >
      >Monitor staff writer Daniel B. Wood quoted McCutchen describing "a new
      >sense of compassion for the illegals who are being exploited by both
      >countries," but Wood did not report McCutchen's association with the
      >Council of Conservative Citizens and American Renaissance, despite a
      >January 27 Associated Press report exposing these ties.
      >
      >The Council of Conservative Citizens (CCC), which the Southern Poverty
      Law
      >Center calls the "successor of the old White Citizens Council," listed
      >McCutchen as a member in a 2001 CCC publication. While McCutchen has
      denied
      >that he was ever a member, he does not deny that he spoke on a panel
      at a
      >2001 anti-immigration forum CCC held in North Carolina, as the AP
      reported.
      >The Southern Poverty Law Center has noted that the CCC has described
      blacks
      >as "a retrograde species of
      humanity." CCC's national website
      currently
      >features an article titled "David Yeagley speaks on miscegenation," in
      >which Yeagley states that "Love of race is the only 'saving grace'
      left in
      >the world" and calls for an end to further mixing of the races. The
      site
      >also features an advertisement for "White Pride T-Shirts," with CCC
      listing
      >the t-shirt group as a sponsor.
      >
      >McCutchen has lobbied for anti-immigrant legislation proposed by
      Arkansas
      >state senator Jim Holt, but Holt said he plans to "distance himself"
      from
      >McCutchen, apparently as a result of McCutchen's alleged ties to CCC,
      >according to an April 24 Arkansas Democrat-Gazette report. He appeared
      with
      >McCutchen on the State Capitol steps in Little Rock in January to
      announce
      >the formation of anti-immigrantion lobbying group Protect America Now,
      >which McCutchen chairs. Following the Southern
      Poverty Law Center's
      >statement that McCutchen had been involved with the CCC, Holt told
      >McCutchen to "step back" from Holt's proposed legislation in order to
      "make
      >sure the bill is not going to be hurt because you're [McCutchen]
      attached
      >to it."
      >
      >McCutchen also has ties to American Renaissance, a print publication
      listed
      >as a hate sheet by the Southern Poverty Law Center. McCutchen has
      >acknowledged that he wrote a letter to the paper's editor asking its
      >readers for money to help defeat then-U.S. Sen. Spencer Abraham
      (R-MI). The
      >AP reported that McCutchen disagreed with Abraham's support for
      expanding
      >entry visas to foreign high-tech workers.
      >
      >Further, McCutchen trotted out several old anti-Semitic canards in two
      June
      >2003 letters to the editor of the Fort Smith, Arkansas, Times-Record,
      in
      >which he stated that the "the central government,
      banking, media
      >(radio/TV/print) and entertainment are controlled by Jews" and that
      >"American and international Jews own the world monetary system."
      >
      >McCutchen was also mentioned as a Minuteman Project volunteer in an
      April
      >14 MSNBC article, an April 12 Ventura County Star report (registration
      >required), an April 22 Los Angeles Times report, and an April 1 report
      on
      >CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight -- none of which mentioned McCutchen's
      connections
      >to white supremacist groups or his anti-Semitic statements.
      >
      >- N.C.
      >
      >Posted to the web on Wednesday May 4, 2005 at 3:05 PM EST

      RSS - Really Simple Syndication....now available

       just add this url to your Home Page, at your "My Yahoo," your RSS reader, or your  aggregator...etc.

      United States Media and Politics

      Intelligence Accountability

      Current Boycotts or Support in the USA

      Buy Hydrogen or Hybrid Vehicles, not Hummers.  The government and the NEWS should reflect, not determine, the desires of the people.The news is to be reported not a melodrama of constant trivia. The founding fathers knew that government is always corrupt, that is why they gave us civil liberties.  The people must lead to survive corrupt governments. Read the constitution. (In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this includes information for research and educational purposes.)  Al Soto (c) 2005

      http://mail.yahoo.com